Order Wait Time

zuulan

Try and Register your new yeti before 1st April as new car ved comes into force

Some may pay more and some less

Who is likely to be affected

Purchasers of cars first registered from 1 April 2017 onwards.

General description of the measure

This measure reforms Vehicle Excise Duty (VED) for cars first registered from 1 April 2017 onwards. First Year Rates (FYRs) of VED will vary according to the carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions of the vehicle. A flat Standard Rate (SR) of £140 will apply in all subsequent years, except for zero-emission cars for which the SR will be £0. Cars with a list price above £40,000 will attract a supplement of £310 on their SR for the first 5 years in which a SR is paid. All cars first registered before 1 April 2017 will remain in the current VED system, which will not change. The new rates and bands for the post-2017 VED system are set out in the table below:

New VED system - for cars registered from 2017 Emissions (g/CO2/km) First year rate Standard rate* 0 £0 £0 1-50 £10 £140 51-75 £25 £140 76-90 £100 £140 91-100 £120 £140 101-110 £140 £140 111-130 £160 £140 131-150 £200 £140 151-170 £500 £140 171-190 £800 £140 191-225 £1200 £140 226-255 £1700 £140 over 255 £2000 £140 *cars over £40,000 pay £310 supplement for 5 years Who is likely to be affected

Purchasers of cars first registered from 1 April 2017 onwards.

General description of the measure

This measure reforms Vehicle Excise Duty (VED) for cars first registered from 1 April 2017 onwards. First Year Rates (FYRs) of VED will vary according to the carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions of the vehicle. A flat Standard Rate (SR) of £140 will apply in all subsequent years, except for zero-emission cars for which the SR will be £0. Cars with a list price above £40,000 will attract a supplement of £310 on their SR for the first 5 years in which a SR is paid. All cars first registered before 1 April 2017 will remain in the current VED system, which will not change. The new rates and bands for the post-2017 VED system are set out in the table below:

New VED system - for cars registered from 2017 Emissions (g/CO2/km) First year rate Standard rate* 0 £0 £0 1-50 £10 £140 51-75 £25 £140 76-90 £100 £140 91-100 £120 £140 101-110 £140 £140 111-130 £160 £140 131-150 £200 £140 151-170 £500 £140 171-190 £800 £140 191-225 £1200 £140 226-255 £1700 £140 over 255 £2000 £140 *cars over £40,000 pay £310 supplement for 5 years Edited by skoda1982

After ordering my yeti MC mid October, I've just been informed build will start 23rd January. Does anyone have any idea how long it should then take before I take delivery?

I ordered my Monte 29th Sept and it was built 15th December, picking it up Monday from the Dealership, just over 12 weeks from order to delivery, and approx 3 weeks from build to pick up.

Happy New Year all,

It's 2017 and I'm still waiting for my Yeti ordered on the 2nd Sept'16 from Fleetprices.co.uk

:thumbdown:

SNAP - but I ordered a few days later from the same place!! My paperwork has all gone through now but they still reckon 1-2 wks until I can get the car. I'm just glad I wasn't relying on their initial delivery estimate of Late Nov!!!

Contacted dealer again yesterday, they thought my car was still at Emden, hoping for some more information today as to when it will eventually get here, just unlucky that it was built immediately before Christmas and got left on the wrong side of the Channel just as the holidays started!

Heard from dealer again about my car, they say it will take two to three weeks before the car is with them which probably takes me into February, which would be around 3.5 months from ordering it in mid October, pretty slow, the original estimate was 8 to 10 weeks, looking like 15 weeks just like above post. Kind of annoying considering the car was built before Christmas!

I'm not all that bothered about registration numbers on the whole especially as it is a lease car but February is the end of 66 reg and just before 17 reg comes out in March, sometimes you can't win either way!

Hi All, 

Ordered a 1.4TSI L&K Manual from Horton Skoda on the 17th November. Didnt hear anything until 16th of December when I received an email telling me that my yeti was due to be built week commencing 19th of Dec. Thankfully before the Christmas factory shutdown. 

Received an email today informing me that my Yeti had just arrived in the UK and I can choose delivery anytime from the 30th of Jan. So ive requested Jan 31st and i cant wait! 

So all in all thats pretty much 10 weeks wait which is much faster than i anticipated, especially with the shutdown over Christmas.

Jimbob that's the exact same car that I ordered from Henry's Skoda in mid October, they told me the same thing that my car was due to be built week commencing December 19th too but unlike you my car seems to be still stuck at the docks in Emden! Saying that delivery estimate is much the same probably available end January but most likely will see it in February, looks like they wait to get enough orders for certain models before they make them all at once.

SNAP - but I ordered a few days later from the same place!! My paperwork has all gone through now but they still reckon 1-2 wks until I can get the car. I'm just glad I wasn't relying on their initial delivery estimate of Late Nov!!!

That's still better then my dates.  Mine still hasn't even been built yet.  It's certainly something I'll remember when I take out my next lease in 2 years time.

From what I was told / read previously the Monte model (no longer available) was in part delayed due to issues in sourcing the black alloy wheels, no sure if that is fact but seems possible as other models seem to be quicker turnaround.

Placed my order here in France for a 1.4tsi 150 4x4 edition with a few factory options on october 26th picked it up yesterday after it arrived at the dealer the Tuesday after Xmas. Pretty quick.

From what I was told / read previously the Monte model (no longer available) was in part delayed due to issues in sourcing the black alloy wheels, no sure if that is fact but seems possible as other models seem to be quicker turnaround.

Thanks for the info.  Makes sense but still other MC orders seem to be fulfilled within 3 months, 4 months maximum.

After over 5 months of waiting I'm still waiting for mine.  I'm thinking the official photos of the new Yeti will be released before I even get my Yeti from Fleetprices.co.uk

I would advise anyone whose thinking of placing an order for a new vehicle to go with a main dealer rather then use these online leasing companies.

Zuulan mines through Fleetprices.co.uk too but they are just a middle man. I reckon the dealer they secured your order through screwed up and forgot to submit the order or something.

Either way going through the dealer is always better you can turn up and moan at them directly but they can hardly ever match the lease brokers for price.

I've now had a confirmed delivery on the 31st of Jan. Had my registration and lease contracts through yesterday so it's all coming together.

Gutted for some of you guys who's been waiting months and months! Makes me want to avoid these leasing websites in the future. My deal was from Horton Skoda in Lincoln. I went to them with a quote from a third party website and thankfully they matched it. I'd advise anyone interested in leasing to do that too. 

My local dealer matched the very competitive Simpson Skoda prices, I would recommend a main dealer even if your paying a hundred pound or two more, the reason I say that is that my local dealer was very good in keeping me informed and on collection day were brilliant in having everything ready and taking me through the vehicle controls etc and I was able to sort the servicing etc at source, also got a contact at the end of the phone for any problems.

Please bear in mind though these main dealers make very little on PCH deals and basically act as middle men for Skoda financial services, the sale does not even go against their monthly targets, so be realistic when trying to get them to match other dealers / agents and you will come out with a decent deal.

Also but yet to be tested, been told main dealers are less stringent when returning the vehicle and really do accept fair wear and tear unlike some horror stories from leasing companies, but time will tell.

Edited by jonnyboy78
  • Like 1

Another update on my missing Yeti L & K from the dealers yesterday, it apparently finally left Emden on Wednesday and should reach Port of Tyne by the weekend, seems a fairly slow crossing! The car was ordered mid October, built just before Christmas and then left parked at Emden until Wednesday, a lot slower lead time than I was expecting, still looks like early February before I'll actually have it.

Another update on my missing Yeti L & K from the dealers yesterday, it apparently finally left Emden on Wednesday and should reach Port of Tyne by the weekend, seems a fairly slow crossing! The car was ordered mid October, built just before Christmas and then left parked at Emden until Wednesday, a lot slower lead time than I was expecting, still looks like early February before I'll actually have it.

What a bloomin' nightmare that is. No idea how some orders seem to take so much longer than others. Yes they might be ordered from different companies but all orders go to the same place surely. Maybe dealers orders are prioritised over third party businesses. Hopefully they can get your L&K registered quickly for you and get it to you early feb. Fingers crossed!