Adblue in a VRS

Right....stupid pre coffee question. I've tried searching and cant find anything...

The dealer says i need adblue every 7500km...

Grand.

Where is my bloddy adblue tank! :P  I cant find any reference to it having one. We picked up a tiguan at the same time and it has a filler next to the fuel filler cap. 

?

What kind of Dealer, Crack, Heroin, Blow type?

Was it a salesperson (Executive / Mumpty, Service Desk or Technician or the actual Dealer Principal?

http://volkswagen.co.uk/technology/diesel/adblue

When they do sell and hand over a vehicle that requires Ad-Blue they are supposed to show where the filler is, 

but then that is difficult when there is no filler and no tank.

Edited by Offski
  • Like 2

I have now done over 1,200 miles in my new Euro 6 Seat Alhambra 2.0 TDI 150 ps DSG (Seat do not mention SCR in the Engine Information / name.)

At new it showed Ad-blue range as 7,000 miles and it still shows that now after 2 tanks of diesel used.

PS

there can be a smell of p!55 at VW Group Dealerships, not from the Ad-blue or the toilets just from the employees that spout it.

post-86161-0-79243100-1479486329_thumb.jpg

Edited by Offski

?

Which Skoda have the newest V6 Diesels with SCR?

The 2016 Seat Alhambra 2.0 TDI 184 ps Euro 6 emissions engine is a SCR. ie requires Ad-blue.

As does the Leon with these engines.

Was referring to VAG engines in general, not just Skoda.

Always thought it was only the 190 engines out of the 2.0 family that were SCR engines...obviously I stand corrected!

So really anyone buying a VW Group 150ps or 184ps 2.0 TDI or a 190ps needs to check that the engine fitted is not the SCR if they do not want one.

Ireland & Continental Europe often gets vehicles that are different from VW Group vehicles that are sold in the UK.

(it is surprising that the Euro 6 TDI's are not all SCR already including the Octavia.)