unresponsive Bluetooth in Columbus system.

Wayfarer

For some unknown reason my bluetooth telephone connection has been lost. I have replaced my phone which synchronises with my laptop, tablet and wife's identical phone but not the Columbus system. Previously it worked. When I go into telephone mode to add a new devise it only shows 'no connected phone', the handbook suggests I should see a New connection button but none is available.Even factory reset of the telephone module, with confirmation window fails to reveal first time telephone setup options. Ignition on/off procedures fail to raise the dead. Any suggestions please?

I appreciate the Columbus system is rubbish,for example it is sluggish and the navigation very often has no idea where it is, but up to now the phone worked.VW invested more money in cheat devices than useful driver Interfaces!

Are you trying to pair using the Columbus or are you using the MID in the instrument cluster?

If its the Columbus, stop. Use the Phone menu on the instrument cluster to add the phone and see if that works.

If it doesn't, at least tell us what phone you have and your MY so perhaps one of us can narrow down the issue a bit?  

Thanks everyone. I am trying via the Columbus unit. Will now try the dash matrix to see if this is effective.

Our phones are Motorola G 3rd Generation. I have looked up compatible phone lists and this model is not listed! Perhaps an upgrades bluetooth module may contain it.

The module under the drivers seat could be faulty and out of date. I have read that some of you have upgraded this item. The part number on mine is 3C8 035 730 C The mystery continues. I am reluctant to visit my dealer knowing that he will require mega bucks to sort.