Has anyone ordered one

skoda1982

A Skoda eMail arrived yesterday:

"You could be one of the first to get behind the wheel of thenew ŠKODA Kodiaq. Our award-winning SUV will arrive at your local retailer from 6 April.

Book your place at one of our launch events now, andexperience its powerful design, generous space and state-of-the-art tech first hand."

That made me laugh.

I'd better be "one of the first to get behind the wheel" and drive off the forecourt on the 6th.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BoxerBoy said:

A Skoda eMail arrived yesterday:

"You could be one of the first to get behind the wheel of thenew ŠKODA Kodiaq. Our award-winning SUV will arrive at your local retailer from 6 April.

Book your place at one of our launch events now, andexperience its powerful design, generous space and state-of-the-art tech first hand."

That made me laugh.

I'd better be "one of the first to get behind the wheel" and drive off the forecourt on the 6th.

Ditto!

Just checked on mine with dealer which was due to build last week and they reckon will be on the boat on Thursday!

Am hoping that work will take delivery early as although my current car has had its last payment it technically isn't due to change until June.

Will be mega-miffed if they don't.  Saying that delivery when ordered was May and it has come forward dramatically.

Fingers crossed!! :-)

57 minutes ago, GrahamTerry said:

Just checked on mine with dealer which was due to build last week and they reckon will be on the boat on Thursday!

Am hoping that work will take delivery early as although my current car has had its last payment it technically isn't due to change until June.

Will be mega-miffed if they don't.  Saying that delivery when ordered was May and it has come forward dramatically.

My Superb was built on 14th and is still waiting at Emden so don't count your chickens. 

Just spoke to the fleet company and apparently my Kodiaq Edition was built last week, just waiting to be transported to the UK.

mid / end of April would be good.

ordered Jan 20th

23 hours ago, GrahamTerry said:

When that happened to me a few years ago after the car I ordered was found in stock and didn't have to be built the car had to be stored for 2 months so it could be delivered on the date the old one went back

Just had update from dealer. Car now with dealer and I have an "appointment" for collection at 10am on 6th.

Sounds reasonable to me.

As my grandchildren might say "7 sleeps to go:)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BoxerBoy said:

Just had update from dealer. Car now with dealer and I have an "appointment" for collection at 10am on 6th.

Sounds reasonable to me.

As my grandchildren might say "7 sleeps to go:)

Great news, bet you can't wait. Surely must be one of the first to get theirs.

weneed full pics when she arrives

I was in the Big City for a completely different reason today, so swung by the dealer to sign some paperwork.

They had a red one registered outside and a white one sheltering inside plus a third one hiding under a cover till next week.

My new toy was lurking in the back yard in the rain, all covered in transit plastic, but I got to sit in it and sample that "new car smell".

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, Culverden said:

Is that business Grey or quartz grey?

Quartz! Remember the original leaflet had the Quartz (dark) and Business Grey (light) mixed up.

There was a Quartz Octavia in the showroom too as a handy colour chart. The bright lights don't help the photograph.

image.jpeg

On 31 March 2017 at 18:36, Sw1 said:

Nice colour , glad I went for the grey.

Are they the 19" wheels, they look nice.

Sorry for delay. Yes these are the FOC optional 19" Triglav alloys. I reckon they'll be easier to clean than the default Sirius wheels. And maybe look better too. Each to his own I guess.

• Like 1

That's good, having 20" wheels on my A6 I think 19" are a good size. 

I've just had a email from the lease company asking if I would be willing to take delivery this week....let me think about this :D

1 hour ago, Sw1 said:

That's good, having 20" wheels on my A6 I think 19" are a good size. 

I've just had a email from the lease company asking if I would be willing to take delivery this week....let me think about this :D

Ohhhh man, e-mail typo.

They actually meant this month not this week :biggrin: knew it was to good to be true, still they did say end of May so if I get it this month that's a bonus.

Ordered mine on Saturday. Was told I couldn't have the towbar on the 2.0 TDI SEL Manual. Had to have an automatic. They threw in a heated windscreen for the hassle though. 8 - 12 weeks delivery. :sadsmile: Quartz grey. Changed the wheels after seeing BoxerBoy's photos. I thought they looked a bit chavvy in the brochure but after seeing them on a vehicle they look pretty good. I am rather excited. :tongueout:

7 hours ago, Bignij said:

Ordered mine on Saturday. Was told I couldn't have the towbar on the 2.0 TDI SEL Manual. Had to have an automatic. They threw in a heated windscreen for the hassle though. 8 - 12 weeks delivery. :sadsmile: Quartz grey. Changed the wheels after seeing BoxerBoy's photos. I thought they looked a bit chavvy in the brochure but after seeing them on a vehicle they look pretty good. I am rather excited. :tongueout:

We actually went to look at an Octavia Scout, knowing full well that the Kodiaqs were in the showroom. And after having admired them from afar as soon as they were announced, there was only going to be one outcome. :D

10 hours ago, andyvee said:

I'm on a week 22 build, but that could move yet.

I did say I didn't want it until June though.

When did you order?

My week 29 build feels far far away.

The dealer told me two weeks ago that the last one he sold got a build week of 45 :blink:

Anyone knows if anthracite wheels are available from factory or is that just dealer addons for a lot of extra money?