Has anyone ordered one

skoda1982

2 minutes ago, bigboss said:

There are many cars and they roll out of the factory in batches. The maximum time they take is waiting for a ship for the UK (up to 3 weeks), and another 8 days or so for the transporter truck to pick the cars from the UK port.

Of course there are many cars that leave the factory in batches - in fact they load up an entire train with them.

Going off of my previous Skoda new car experiences, 3 weeks at the port is a long time, and so is 8 days from port to dealer. Admittedly, there are busier times than others, but I was driving round in my O3 in the UK 7 days after it left the factory, and it took 1 week in production. That is also an extreme example, it was straight on the ship when it got to the port, and straight on the transporter when it got to the UK.

There used to be 3 or 4 ships doing the collections from Emden, don't know if that is still the same, but there was a departure every other day, or so it seemed. IIRC, they were all called 'Highway' something or other, and you could track them on some marine tracking website from Emden

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:415645/imo:9325427/mmsi:354971000/vessel:ROCKIES HIGHWAY

15 minutes ago, andyvee said:

Of course there are many cars that leave the factory in batches - in fact they load up an entire train with them.

Going off of my previous Skoda new car experiences, 3 weeks at the port is a long time, and so is 8 days from port to dealer. Admittedly, there are busier times than others, but I was driving round in my O3 in the UK 7 days after it left the factory, and it took 1 week in production. That is also an extreme example, it was straight on the ship when it got to the port, and straight on the transporter when it got to the UK.

There used to be 3 or 4 ships doing the collections from Emden, don't know if that is still the same, but there was a departure every other day, or so it seemed. IIRC, they were all called 'Highway' something or other, and you could track them on some marine tracking website from Emden

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:415645/imo:9325427/mmsi:354971000/vessel:ROCKIES HIGHWAY

I'm only going by the wait times people have experienced on kodiaq forums. Mine was definitely quicker, but some Kodiaqs were stuck in Emden for 3 weeks.

31 minutes ago, bigboss said:

I'm only going by the wait times people have experienced on kodiaq forums. Mine was definitely quicker, but some Kodiaqs were stuck in Emden for 3 weeks.

I wouldn't put too much faith in the status codes at the moment, they seem to be all over the place and don't update. My dealer has seen them jump from Code 20 to being in the UK overnight, with nothing in between

7 minutes ago, Drabu007 said:

Is there anywhere to check status ( independent of the dealer )?

As I said yesterday, if your dealer is not updating you, or your order seems to be stuck, log a case with Skoda Customer Services and get an update straight from the horses mouth as such

1 minute ago, andyvee said:

I wouldn't put too much faith in the status codes at the moment, they seem to be all over the place and don't update. My dealer has seen them jump from Code 20 to being in the UK overnight, with nothing in between

Yes, but if you check Kodiaq forums, the time of status codes changing tallied with the eventual date they received the cars. As I said, it can take up to 3 weeks, which even the dealers say (at least mine did). Often it's sooner.

1 minute ago, bigboss said:

Yes, but if you check Kodiaq forums, the time of status codes changing tallied with the eventual date they received the cars. As I said, it can take up to 3 weeks, which even the dealers say (at least mine did). Often it's sooner.

And who were they getting the status codes from - the dealer?

There are quotas in the mix here - how do you know that isn't affecting delivery and handover's - it is certainly affecting build week allocation now.

28 minutes ago, andyvee said:

And who were they getting the status codes from - the dealer?

There are quotas in the mix here - how do you know that isn't affecting delivery and handover's - it is certainly affecting build week allocation now.

There's no point in explaining this further. I'm only conveying what people experienced in the other forum. It's up to you how you want to infer it.

I am not inferring anything, quotas kicked in very early with the Kodiaq. As I've said elsewhere, I know of one dealer that had sold their first 6 months worth of allocation over a month before the launch date. So if you ordered from them in March you were not going to see your car for the best part of 6-7 months. The status codes are not updating reliably, and dealers are losing faith in them. They are working off of the principle that once it is in the UK they can start planning delivery dates and update customers, until then it is an absolute lottery as to what happens. There have been issues with supply of certain parts, electric seats being one of them, so the Build Weeks keep getting shuffled about to accommodate. Despite the fact that dealers aren't supposed to order 'stock' vehicles, Simpsons for example magically have a dozen Kodiaq's in stock for immediate delivery (all of them 2017MY), none of them Edition spec (lack of electric seats?), so there are definitely some shenanigans going off with the 'favoured' dealers like Simpsons seeming to get some 'favours' or a blind eye being turned, and there are genuine customers sat there waiting unable to get reliable updates as the system doesn't update and magically seems to keep going offline as well ....... perhaps it is outsourced to the same people as support British Airways.

Finally got to test drive the 2.0tdi 190 4x4 DSG ..  wow ,, loved it !

Great drive and as a shed dragger the towing capabilities of the 5 seat version are impressive.

If we go for it, will probably be our forever car ( or a good few years anyway until the lottery win! )

Just in negotiations with a broker v dealer.

I posted a link to Kodiaq forums, but it appears that the post is automatically hidden. 

Quoting Colin Lambert's post from Kodiaq forums (he's the one person who knew exactly where his car was, updates direct from Skoda UK executive office which is independent of dealer quotas):

"My build week was 9. they didn't finish until week 10??? (it only takes 27 hours to build a Kodiaq??) It then sat waiting for a train for nearly a week, then it sat at Emden for over three weeks. Took 18 hours to cross the North Sea ( you can track the ship if you know it's name. Mine was 'City of Oslo' but it came to Sheerness, so yours is probably different.) Then it sat at Sheerness for at least a week and it arrived at the dealer on the 1st April. I picked it up on the 6th April. I ordered it on the 20th December!
Keep taking the tablets! You will get it eventually and you WILL love it. It will be worth the wait."

Edited by bigboss

He isn't the only one with a hotline to the Executive Office. I have a long standing relationship with them going back many years :) - he is by no means the only person who knows exactly where his car is. As I advised Drabu007, get your updates from the horses mouth, not from the dealer.

So, despite what others have posted in this thread, the above post confirms some points I have made - they take 2 weeks to go through the factory, unlike other models which take a week. Also the 1 day to build or 9 hours to build now seems to have turned into 27 hours, or 3 days if you work 9 hour shifts - not sure if the factory is a 24/5 operation?

Wasn't the launch date 6th April (or was it the 5th?) - so Skoda UK would not allow dealers to register them before this date. This may explain why it sat at the factory for a week and at Emden for 3 weeks, the dealer demo and showroom stock would be taking priority at this point - there is some method in the madness of the Skoda delivery system. Not much point delivering a car to a dealer 3 weeks before they are allowed to register it ......

Also, the above quote is exaggerated - if it came out of the factory week 10 then that is w/e 10th March. It can't have sat waiting for a train for nearly a week then at Emden for over 3 weeks (lets call that 4 weeks so far) and over a week at Sheerness (lets round that down to a week) otherwise it wouldn't have got to the dealer until 5 weeks after w/e March 10th which is w/e April 14th, in other words almost 2 weeks after it was delivered to the dealer!

Not dissing Colin, but there are too many rumours, untruths and exaggerations going round on 'forums' about delivery times, statuses etc. and dealers don't help as they don't keep customers informed, and are not always up front about lead times when customers place orders. Colin's delivery would be at one of the worst times - factory has only just started production, dealers need demo and showroom stock ready for the launch, and a huge order book all promised for launch date or not long after.

Edited by andyvee
  • Like 1

Mine took 3 weeks from build to being at the dealer, or thereabouts.  Sat at Emden for 14 days. Arrived in Grimsby on a Saturday, with the dealer the following Wednesday. My dealer was able to track all the way and delivery was in line of expectations from when I ordered back in February. 

• Like 1

I have ordered, finally after my original cancellation following towbargate.

Now going for an SEL 2.0tdi 190 DSG 4x4, 5 seat version, and a TOW BAR for piece of mind !

Hopefully, the towing limits will be better than the 7 seaters with 2000kg braked and a 100kg nose weight.

Delivery October. Excellent discount through Motor Source Group.

4 hours ago, H1UBS said:

I have ordered, finally after my original cancellation following towbargate.

Now going for an SEL 2.0tdi 190 DSG 4x4, 5 seat version, and a TOW BAR for piece of mind !

Hopefully, the towing limits will be better than the 7 seaters with 2000kg braked and a 100kg nose weight.

Delivery October. Excellent discount through Motor Source Group.

The 5 seater 190 TDI's tow 2.5t!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, H1UBS said:

Thanks but that's not giving the SE L & Edition 5 seat versions. I've seen them somewhere !

They only got added in late May so you'll need to talk to your dealer or wait for the updated MY18 price list for cars built after week 22 2017 to come out

Edited by ZacDaMan72