Has anyone ordered one

skoda1982

3 minutes ago, Drabu007 said:

I'm told I'm on week 22 build ( which would have been 29/5/17 and no updates or VIN ( vehicle identification number ) yet Kn system??!!

anyone else on week 22 with a different update please 

My is preliminary in wk 22 then confirmed. Now I'm told the car will arrive at dealer on 5 July.

I'm so disappointed with my dealers 

I get no updates at all

i have to ring every week 

not once has he update me

@ Collin - disappointed with the service . The agent is very polite and answers promptly but I guess I'm not a customer yet technically until I have signed the lease agreement with them

since ordering in march I have had no call or mail unless I initiate it 

today's update system broken - will email once up and running 

week 22 - I have been informed all the way 

was told 2 weeks ago may take 2-3 weeks for delivery 

today may be 4 weeks for delivery !

No VIN number yet !

Do you really think dealers have time to call every customer every time there is a status change?

The whole thing is out of their hands and they can't influence anything until the transporter pulls up outside with your car on it.

Who is the dealer?

@Andyvee - I may be completely wrong .

it may be completely true that dealers can't do anything about the events at manufacturer end 

r u saying customers just sign up and wait till some News appears or else tough? 

Im not saying call every customer but  an email in This day and Age ( perhaps a generic one ) fornightly or monthly what's been delivered etc 

??

What delivery date did they put on your order form?

It is well known that on a new model launch delivery can take 6 months plus, when the Yeti was launched some people waited longer than that.

What did they promise you in terms of lead time and what did you agree with them in terms of notification in between?

@andyveeI understand  new vehicles may have a significant waiting time.

im not worried about that .

i was told build week 22 which is week of may 29 I was informed 

no VIN number or delivery date or any other info 

perhaps I'm being very naive and that's how the industry operates may be 

So did they tell you it takes 2 weeks to build them?

Even so, it should have left the factory last Friday.

They won't start committing to delivery dates until the vehicle is in the UK, which at the moment is taking about 10 days from leaving the factory apparently.

Edited by andyvee

26 minutes ago, Drabu007 said:

If everything is true one should atleast have a VIN ? 

But  nothing according to the dealer !?

Yes, if yours is built you should have a VIN - when where you told it was BW22?

The build weeks get locked in 2 weeks in advance, so if you were told BW22 during that 2 week period (so after May 12th) then it should have been built and left the factory by now. If you were told BW22 before that then it is still likely to change.

And yes, at that point you should have a VIN.

From what I've been told by numerous sources at Skoda (both dealers and Skoda UK Executive Office) the Kodiaq status codes are all over the place and the system seems to update rather randomly.

Get a case logged with Skoda UK Customer Services and get them to keep you updated if the dealer isn't keeping you informed.

Edited by andyvee

2 minutes ago, Drabu007 said:

Like this suggestion above 

dealer said building time is only 9 hours for a vehicle 

It is if all the parts are there - i.e a fully painted bodyshell ready to go and an assembled engine and front subframe .......

Who knows where they are starting from when your allocated BW comes up?

Apparently if you are allocated BW22, your car pops out the other end of the factory at the end of BW23

Just now, bigboss said:

The dealer.

So the same as Drabu007

If that is the case why is your car not built by Tuesday of your allocated Build Week?

The videos of the O3 production showed a car being built in a day, my source at Skoda is reliably informing me allow 2 weeks before the car appears out the other end of the factory. Don't know why, as the O3 production was 1 week.

21 hours ago, andyvee said:

So the same as Drabu007

If that is the case why is your car not built by Tuesday of your allocated Build Week?

The videos of the O3 production showed a car being built in a day, my source at Skoda is reliably informing me allow 2 weeks before the car appears out the other end of the factory. Don't know why, as the O3 production was 1 week.

There are many cars and they roll out of the factory in batches. The maximum time they take is waiting for a ship for the UK (up to 3 weeks), and another 8 days or so for the transporter truck to pick the cars from the UK port.