Has anyone ordered one

skoda1982

Hello all... long time since I've been here :-)

Ordered a nice shiny new Kodiaq a couple of weeks ago to replace my O3 vRS, and looking forward to getting it whenever it turns up. Dealer is saying BW5 at the moment, which would be nice, but I'll not be holding my breath.

• Like 1

Edition 1.4 TSI DSG (not 4x4), 7 seats, Petrol Blue, Black Leather, Area View with F&R Sensors, Assistance Pack (ACC, TJA etc).

So much for wanting something smaller than the Octavia this time around :-)

Edited by WiggosSideburns

Nice work! I'm looking at a 1.4 TSI DSG SEL 2WD so would be interested to know how you get on with it. After an Octy VRS and Black Edition I'm looking for something a bit different...the 1.4 is quite punchy I believe..

I test drove both the 1.4 and 2.0 TSI engines... neither is going to light the road on fire, and becaus the 2.0 is only available in 4x4 it is also exceptionally thirsty. For what the vehicle is, and if you don’t want to tow, I can’t see any need for anything more than the 1.4, and 4x4 is pointless for me.

Went for petrol over diesel this time because I am doing a lot less miles than I used to. And went for my first DSG because I didn’t want 4x4 (and it is cheaper). Really looking forward to a whole different style of driving from my vRS - luxury and relaxing as opposed to sporty(ish) (still not convinced, even after 3.5 years, that the diesel vRS is all that sporty. But I have had some fun it, I will admit that!).

Have come back to Škoda after a few years hiatus with Volvo and Audi.

Ordered a Kodiaq Style DSG 190 and am told I should have it by mid/late March.  I was very impressed by the test drives. Kodiaq has more equipment than the Audi (even the extras I’ve added) at a much lower price.  Now the wait begins!!

• 1 month later...

I ordered a 2.0 Tsi SEL on 31st Jan. Just had email today to say provisional BW 23. Looks like I’m in for a long wait :sadsmile:

Edited by Kenny R

2 hours ago, Kenny R said:

provisional BW 23

I would be very surprised if that didn't come forward a fair bit. When I order mine (start of December), it started off at BW14 or something, and then fairly quickly changed to BW5. It's now built and on its way to Emden (I assume).

On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 22:59, silver1011 said:

Week 23, that's June!

My current PCH lease runs out in June, I was thinking I'd make some serious enquiries for the next car about April time!

ordered mine in May 2017 and still waiting for it...

13 minutes ago, inrave said:

ordered mine in May 2017 and still waiting for it...

!?!?!?

Is there any particular reason for such a long delay? How come you haven't given up and got something else, out of interest?

2 hours ago, WiggosSideburns said:

!?!?!?

Is there any particular reason for such a long delay? How come you haven't given up and got something else, out of interest?

Because in the order they put as last possible date February 2018. So I will be able to cancel end of this month and not lose the money for reservation.

Hi everyone, new to the forum. I ordered a 1.4TSi 150PS DSG 2WD, petrol blue with black leather, on the 2nd of January. Build week is 5, week just gone. The car is in build so hopefully it'll be out the factory at the beginning of next week and on it's way to Emden. Marine traffic all set and ready, just wish I knew the status codes for Skoda.

Hello!

I think you must be mistaken... the petrol blue w/ black leather one from BW5 is mine, all mine (and it's on a boat already)! Anyway, the week just gone was BW6.

But I must compliment you on your taste :D. Add any options to it? Getting one built 5 weeks after ordering has to be a new record.

1 hour ago, Markymate said:

Hi everyone, new to the forum. I ordered a 1.4TSi 150PS DSG 2WD, petrol blue with black leather, on the 2nd of January. Build week is 5, week just gone. The car is in build so hopefully it'll be out the factory at the beginning of next week and on it's way to Emden. Marine traffic all set and ready, just wish I knew the status codes for Skoda.

You won't regret it! Enjoy! 

11 hours ago, WiggosSideburns said:

Hello!

I think you must be mistaken... the petrol blue w/ black leather one from BW5 is mine, all mine (and it's on a boat already)! Anyway, the week just gone was BW6.

But I must compliment you on your taste :D. Add any options to it? Getting one built 5 weeks after ordering has to be a new record.

You're right Wiggo, I meant build week 6.  Yeah, I was very impressed with quick build date, probably something to do with the black leather being my only extra. The SE L has all I need, and as I can stay awake whilst driving, I don't yet need lane assist, parking camera's blah, blah, blah:D.    What port did yours come into the country, mines due in at Sheerness, so will be tracking Makassar Highway when I know the car has been loaded.  Really can't wait, and time seems to be dragging.   Hope you post some photo's when yours arrives, be great to see what I'll be getting.

10 minutes ago, Markymate said:

What port did yours come into the country

I ordered through Carwow, so a trip up to Newcastle on the first weekend in March looms for me (and I assume that means it will arrive at Port of Tyne - it's not there yet, somewhere in the North Sea at the moment). All a big adventure with the kids... the savings I got over what my local dealer would offer (they were nearly £1k more expensive, even through Carwow!) has more than paid for easyJet flights up there and a weekend away driving Yogi Bear (yes, the kids have already christened it) back home.

12 minutes ago, Markymate said:

black leather being my only extra

And that still worked out cheaper than an Edition...?

Sounds like you got a good deal, and a nice way to christen the Bear with a nice long drive. Bet you and the kids can't wait.     The only ship I can find that looks like it's on it's way is the Schelde Highway.  She left Emden this morning, heading for Immingham, then onto Tyne port.  There's nothing else sailing that way, so hopefully that'll be it.

Can't wait to see some pics.

Well, it's built, and on it's way. Skoda told me today that my Kodiaq has been released for shipping, and is heading for the docks.  Now I'm really excited!! ( Must stop behaving like a small child.)

Ordered 17 Feb 2018: Kodiaq Edition7 Seats 2.0 TSI 180 PS 4x4 DSG Petrol Blue with Black Leather Upholstery and 19" Sirius alloy wheels.

Crew Protection Assist + Rear Side Airbags, Driver Alert, Personalisation of drive mode selection, Travel Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, Electric child safety lock with rear window roller blinds, Heated Windscreen + Heated washer nozzles for front windscreen, ISOFIX on Front Passenger Seat, Tablet holder (x2) for rear of front seats, Textile Floor Mats, Park Assist, Area view with trailer assist and front and rear parking sensors, Electrically folding tow bar with adaptor, Dynamic chassis control including drive mode selection and off-road function, Rough Road Package, Aluminium Pedals, LED Interior Ambient Lighting Package + Sun Visors with Mirror Illuminated, Ventilated front seats, Panoramic sunroof, Tri-zone climate control, Canton sound system, Temporary steel space saver spare wheel (7 seater) 145/85 R18, Heated 3 spoke leather Multi-function steering wheel and Virtual Pedal.

Can't wait!  Didn't catch the build week but apparently being built end of March, early April and expect to have it towards the end of April.  We shall see!