Revo Black Friday sale is on

A tempting offer!

www.revotechnik.com/content/black-friday-software-sale-en

25% off voucher for signing up - I've got one. I checked and they don't seem to do these deals throughout the year. Hopefully this might be of use to others.

Still overpriced IMHO. Don't get me wrong I have had Revo and Shark maps in the past until I found a local independent and very reputable tuner. He took over three hours to map my current Octavia as it could not be mapped without opening the ECU. 10,000 miles later I am as happy as I was with maps from Revo and Shark. The price .......£160 :)

• 4 weeks later...

Still overpriced IMHO. Don't get me wrong I have had Revo and Shark maps in the past until I found a local independent and very reputable tuner. He took over three hours to map my current Octavia as it could not be mapped without opening the ECU. 10,000 miles later I am as happy as I was with maps from Revo and Shark. The price .......£160 :)

An old thread but couldn't resist replying :)

They are overpriced or I would say Priced accordingly for a reason Pal. Revo invests alot of time, money and sweat in developing their software's. And their software's are designed to work well with the engines in questions. I have had revo in both my Mk2 Leon FR and 9N3 Polo GTi. Never had any regrets about spending the amount. And with discount it was even better. My Mk2 Leon FR produced better results on the dyno then some of the other competitors. I think their prices are justified with the reasons above alone. 

An old thread but couldn't resist replying :)

They are overpriced or I would say Priced accordingly for a reason Pal. Revo invests alot of time, money and sweat in developing their software's. And their software's are designed to work well with the engines in questions. I have had revo in both my Mk2 Leon FR and 9N3 Polo GTi. Never had any regrets about spending the amount. And with discount it was even better. My Mk2 Leon FR produced better results on the dyno then some of the other competitors. I think their prices are justified with the reasons above alone.

They also have a lot of overheads for which all customers pay for indirectly. Guess who pays for their advertising, sponsorship, mag features etc? If you want to pay for a good map and the price of the "Brand" then fair enough . I have had Revo and Shark maps in the past, I am more happy with the personal service and the quality of the map which I received from my local and very experienced independent tuner.

VAG also spend a lot of time, money and sweat in developing their products, does this mean all main dealers are also better than the small independent garages? I think not

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my local Revo dealer did the sensible thing and shut up shop over the Christmas period so I wasn't able to book in.

I emailed Revo to see if they'd be willing to extend into the New Year, but I've not heard back so I'm guessing they did the sensible thing too.