DTUK Pedal Box

3 hours ago, Maverick999 said:

Installed pedal box plus today. Talk about unleash the beast! Sport+ plus 3, with the car in sport brings on the smiles! :D

As @toni8b said above, I'm surprised it hasn't brought on the warning lights and limp mode, but enjoy! :)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

As @toni8b said above, I'm surprised it hasn't brought on the warning lights and limp mode, but enjoy! :)

Had to give it a good test for resilience! ;) Had no issues whatsoever in madness mode, however have now moved to a more subdued Sport and one. Makes the petrol feel far more responsive and torquey which is nice, especially when accelerating and cornering.

It shouldn't bring on any warning lights or limp mode should it as it's only managing the standard open throttle range?

I actually can't say from personal experience with a petrol Octavia.

I have the DTUK tuning box (not pedal box) on a TDI vRS and turning up the wick freaks it out.

However I do have the pedal box on my Ford Ranger 3.2 and if I turn that up too far it also causes issues - cutting out when slowing to a halt for example. Have also had EML come on.

Both units are great when set up correctly though :biggrin:

• Like 1

Sport plus 1 ? ie. 1 orange light & 1 green light

Shouldn't give you an EPC unless you go through the limiter, slight click at the very carpet end of accelerator pedal's movement.

I run in 1 red 1 green & can only get an EPC if I go through the limiter with an engine oil temp below 60degC. Once the oil temp is above 60 you can abuse pretty much as you wish.

1red 3 green is fun but, its somewhat of an on/off switch & seems to wear front tyres quickly, can't imagine why ?

9 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Sport plus 1 ? ie. 1 orange light & 1 green light

Shouldn't give you an EPC unless you go through the limiter, slight click at the very carpet end of accelerator pedal's movement.

I run in 1 red 1 green & can only get an EPC if I go through the limiter with an engine oil temp below 60degC. Once the oil temp is above 60 you can abuse pretty much as you wish.

1red 3 green is fun but, its somewhat of an on/off switch & seems to wear front tyres quickly, can't imagine why ?

I've settled on Orange Sport with one red light at the mo. Gave it a good run with Red Sport+ with 3 red earlier (hyperdrive :biggrin:) and all was fine, but I certainly didn't go through max revs and waited until the engine was warm before upping the beans. I've got the pedal box plus, but think the lighting system is the same (+ button illuminates red lights). Current setting feels sensible whilst eliminating pedal lag :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Done 34000 miles with a DTUK CRD3 on my 2016 Octavia VRS 4x4; no dramas at all.  Minutes to put on or take of when going in for a service; 3 services in the last 12 months.

Wouldn't be without it on the car now, definite power increase, smooth, no excess smoke and a real increase in fuel economy.  Well done DTUK!!!!