Bonelorry's Steel Grey MK6 Golf R DSG...

bonelorry

Wheels look good, is there a slight stretch to the tyres or is it camera angle? A good reminder to get onto my TD's and give then a good clean, yours put mine to shame.. :)

Wheels look good, is there a slight stretch to the tyres or is it camera angle? A good reminder to get onto my TD's and give then a good clean, yours put mine to shame.. :)

Thanks! I think its the camera angle and the Sidewall Design, The Tyres have Kerbing protection and the Rubber goes thicker towards the bottom if that makes sense?

6/1/17...

Dropped the car off at Statller's in Sheffield this morning, Had the obligatory hour long chinwag with Steve and Craig which I enjoyed and a good look around the workshop....A couple off 500+BHP big Turbo TFSI's in there at the moment!

Decided to bugger off to York for a few hours on the Train....Freebie of course! Perks of the job as Train Driver.

Called back at 3PM to pick the car up, Was greeted by Steve who praised the condition of the car and said he gave it a once over while on the ramp and all good nothing at all to report. He also said I can tell its your car with how anal everything is condition wise LOL.

Fantastic Service as always and highly recommend these guys, They really know their stuff when it comes to these cars and I am more than happy leaving my own cars with them which speaks volumes.

Today the car has had...

: DSG Service, Oil Change inc Filter

: Haldex Service, Oil change inc Filter

: Brake Fluid Change

All Genuine parts used.

Ready to rock and roll for the trip to R-Tech in the morning!

Excuse the crappy mobile phone pic...

31303935324_6641e4c2fb_c.jpg

32106830886_04f30cbe03_c.jpg

Edited by bonelorry

Yes mate, we're all good... hope you lot are too.

Will have to have a catch up one day soon, let me see this beast in the flesh!

Edited by Damo
  • Like 1

Nice figures!

Bit weird about the map, especially given items such as the stock revision DV and such? Suppose it just shows that quite often people just get the map loaded on and leave everything else as is!

Nice figures!

Bit weird about the map, especially given items such as the stock revision DV and such? Suppose it just shows that quite often people just get the map loaded on and leave everything else as is!

Thanks Wardy,

Yes just one of those things. Coming from the 315BHP Edition 30 to the 6R I knew it would feel a bit dull in comparison but as whoever has mapped the 6R had not touched the Gearbox Map it was really restrictive. It was most certainly a Generic map with alterations to the Boost only, The ECU was pulling the Ignition Timing so it was never going to feel quick, Main thing is no harm done!

Totally different car to drive now, Niki's mapping methods uses the VVT on the Inlet Camshaft to aid Turbo Spool at low RPM but he keeps the Boost Pressure Linear and at a moderate 1.3-1.4Bar, Fuelling and Ignition Advance is also added and the result is a very smooth delivery but a deceptively fast car. The 350LB/FT in the Mid-range and 4WD makes it super flexible any weather, It actually surprised me on my way to work this morning on a damp-ish stretch of road and exiting a corner I buried my foot in 3rd Gear and it just got on with it. Additionally you do not have to feed the power using the Throttle, It is just a case of picking your point and putting your foot down, Really impressive! I would have had no chance in the Ediiton 30 to keep up!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

27/1/17...

After a long hard think about things, I have decided that I am not going to be taking the car any further with regards to Tuning. After a sprited drive a few nights ago I can safely say that the car currently offers more performance than I could ever want.

I simply cannot justify the additional £2000+ to go to Stage 2+ and so I am just going to leave the car as it is.

I have ordered a VWR Panel Filter and will be removing the Revo Intake next Week and refitting the Stock Airbox as I only fitted the Intake due to initial plans on going further with the car.

I must be getting old and more sensible!

What a lovely looking car :)

Alloys are bang on size and ET,fill the arches lovely.

I can now see why you have so much spare ££££ to throw at your car's seeing as you drive for Cross Country! :D

I too get free travel on Cross Country services ;)

• Like 1

On 27/01/2017 at 17:20, Adam_ said:

Its looking absolutely perfect from where I'm standing. :thumbup:

Thanks Adam :)

6 hours ago, coskev said:

What a lovely looking car :)

Alloys are bang on size and ET,fill the arches lovely.

I can now see why you have so much spare ££££ to throw at your car's seeing as you drive for Cross Country! :D

I too get free travel on Cross Country services ;)

Cheers Kev,

Yes very happy with how the car is now looking, I am ditching the Revo Intake though in favour of a more OEM set-up as it is doing my head in.

I actually drive for Northern which is owned by Arriva Rail North, We also get reciprocal travel on Cross Country for Leasure use only. Oh and I am not on full money yet ;)

• Like 1