New car, clutch clunk on fast release only

Hi ,

Does anyone have this issue: car in idle, press the clutch, then release fast -> a metallic clunk noise coming from the engine area (not the inside cabin).

Sometimes it happens when going backwards or switching from 1st to 2nd gear.

There is no rattle or bumpy gear shifts , the car drives fine.

The car is new (O3 2016 2.0 tdi)  2k km and i want to know if this is happening on my car only?

Sometimes (rarely) i also get a feeling of a sticky clutch pedal (at around half way when depressing) , could this be related?

Thanks !

Feature? What feature would that be? Cheap quality? 

I mean, does that protect against shocks or something? Or is it just badly built.

:)

Edited by ark13

I was told the paint work on my new car was 'normal' despite having the primer clearly visible around the bumper edges.

Also told when the (so called) leather was wearing off the drivers seat within 18 months this was 'normal'.

It was normal in the eye of the dealer until i complained enough for them to do something about it. Granted some issues owners see are just skoda traits/design features but its always worth raising the issue and escalating it beyond the dealer if not convinced.

My car does the clunk clack on the clutch, i thought after 5 munits of owning the car it wasent right, then i thought DMF, its worce when cold.

I have driven other octavias and its like that on all of them, so i can only conclude its normal. I must say however you have to be realy smooth with the clutch to get a smooth shift.

Have never driven like that in 48 years. Use the clutch pedal in a controlled fashion. That's the normal driving technique.

My car makes a scraping noise if I hit a bollard. Is that normal?

• Like 2

Have never driven like that in 48 years. Use the clutch pedal in a controlled fashion. That's the normal driving technique.

My car makes a scraping noise if I hit a bollard. Is that normal?

Driven like what? Of cource you operate the clutch in a controled fashion however it extremely sensitive near the bite point, this takes getting use too, and is disconcerting coming from other branded cars.

Also the 2.0d has at least 100N.m. more torque, different clutch and gearbox from a 1.4. Compleatly different animal.

It's just the clutch plate and the flywheel as they are brought together, it's normal and nothing to worry about. Do it gently and they come together nice and softly with no noise. Lift your foot off the clutch as quick as you can and the plates are slammed together, making that noise. 

As for it sticking i'm not sure.. If you're not used to a diesel/manual/even the particular car sometimes, there can feel to be a 'lump' around the biting point which you'll get used to and forget is there as you drive it more. The pedal shouldn't actually stick though.

Edited by FluffyEyeball

I own a 1.4TSi and previously owned a 2 litre PDI and owned and drove various other petrol and diesel cars back to 1968. Clutches need to be let in gently and in a controlled fashion to the engagement point. I only found that tricky the first few times when learning to drive. I have managed pretty well since.