Tom's Clio 182

Furbytom

So I've been well and truly bitten by the trackday bug so thought the time was right to purchase a dedicated cheap trackday car. The little Renaultsport Clio seemed to fit the bill. Friend of mine runs one (some of you may have seen him whizzing around Brands Hatch last month) and I have to say they are fantastic on track. Not the quickest in terms of straightline pace but sooo much fun to chuck about. Parts are cheap too and I wanted something semi-disposable in case I end up binning it lol.

Have been looking around for quite awhile and a couple of weeks ago found this little beast up for sale. It's a 2005 Clio 182 "Full Fat" I.e with both cup packs (suspension and spoiler). Relatively low mileage on 77k and in great all round condition. Was totally standard aside from a Longlife custom exhaust which sounds great (although a little loud sometimes).

image_8.jpeg

Have a few mods in the pipeline over winter to get ready for track next year. Can't wait to get a few laps in!

Tom

• Like 4

Also removed the standard Airbox:

image_13.jpeg

And replaced it with a Ramair custom induction setup, commonly known as "Fattys Induction" on the Clio forums lol:

image_12.jpeg

Sounds awesome now, much more meaty.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just got myself a 172! I'm also on the forum bud but you're ahead of me with the Mods!

In fact, mine is sat SORN currently, whilst I await the keys to my unit.

Good luck with the build bud. Look forward to seeing it around the track

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Also fitted a genuine Skoda Fabia front splitter underneath the front bumper. Quite subtle but I like it. Popular mod on the Clio forums as the Fabia splitter is cheap (£15) and fits easy with only slight trimming of the ends.

Now there is a little bit of Skoda in this project! ;-)

image_15.jpeg

• Like 1

Same brake setup as me on my track Fabia, I have Brembo 4 pots though.

Up until the last pad change they have been spot on, i've had the discs glowing red and still no fade. :devil:

(I think I follow you on instagram?)

• 1 month later...

Few more mods/upgrades on the go this week! 

HEL braided brakes lines

Motul RBF600 brake fluid

New cup-spec dampers

Cooksport lowering springs. 

Car is really coming along now! Handling is far far better after the suspension refresh. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Been busy on the Clio in the last couple of months. 

Bought some secondhand Cup-spec 16" Speedline Turini wheels for a bargain price and had them refurbed and powdercoated in "Aston Dark Anthracite". Lovely colour, looks black in dark conditions but a lovely anthracite with a subtle gold metallic flake in sunlight. Very pleased with them :-)

image_16.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...