Front speakers for fabia

Picko98

I have posted this in ICE section but had no luck

Been looking through other topics over the last few days and I currently have the whole interior out of the car including door cards

Was thinking about upgrading front components I know the sizes which I need however I just don't know which to choose there is that many

Going down the amped with crossovers and speakers in oem places

Can anyone shed some light on a good set even a kit

What kind of rms should I be looking at ?

Should I put a setup together my self or buy as a full kit with everything I need

Looked at a rainbow kit but stated that amp output was only 30w rms which seemed a bit crap

I don't want to spend too much and don't need the best that can be bought

I don't know how much should be spent to get a decent set up either

Thanks sam

30W RMS is plenty of power for the smallest room in your house (i.e. your car) as long as the speakers can actually handle it.

Don't get hung up on numbers, a 50W Marshall into a 2 x 12 cab will make your ears bleed if you crank it right up, a 100W Marshall into a 4 x 12 will damage your hearing permanently.

I did read through your topic duck thanks

And my head unit states it's 4x50w will this mean 50w peak power ?

And can't remember who posted it but it was recommended between 100-150 rms for the front components I personally thought that was high but I don't know much about ICE

just enjoy the music

Thanks sepulchrave

i was looking at these for mine.. dont want anything too spectacular, just to increase the sound quality and add a little more bass.. anyone know if they would be a direct fit? comes with the fittings and wiring

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171856600439?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Yes they will fit directly in to existing with the new adaptors in the picture and the connector housing should be the same for the original wiring loom I don't know how they will perform with the tweeter being so low down in the door also it only states the peak power not constant (rms) so you may be under powering them running from the h/u

If you do get these you may want to disconnect the tweeter in the top part of the door as these have one built in

Someone with better knowledge maybe along with better info than I can give

Hope it helps anyway

Edited by Picko98

I do have a old Sony amp xm444 4 channel amp

Which will output 80 rms when bridged to two channels

do I need to match the speakers to this or just get as close as possible ?

Just make sure the amp output doesn't exceed the speaker capability and don't forget that the impedance matters, still chuckling at the 600W peak comedy rating on those JVC speakers posted above, that's 425W RMS, not a snowflake in hell's chance they're rated for that.