YETI EMISSIONS RECALL - Has anybody had a 110 bhp "done" and experienced any ill effect

eribaMotters

As the title says.

I am not interested in what the government or VW are saying.

I do not want to know what a politician said or implied.

Forget the chemistry.

I just want an answer to what the title says.

Thanks - Colin

Edited by eribaMotters

A few discussions on this if you search, but they all go off topic eventually and end up discussing the issue in the round. Suffice to say a few have had problems but the majority don't seem to have.

That said, the longer term impact on 'the fix' such as reduced DPF life will remain moot for some time.

The accepting general public aren't likely to be forum members is the likely problem when it comes to real world feedback.

Forum members are rightly hesitant.

I would question why anyone would want to have this modification based on our experience of the old 110 TDI in our last Yeti which ran very well.

These engines were designed from the sump up to run as they are. Logic would say forcing them to run in a different way is likely to induce problems with reliability further down the road.

If they actually come up with a way to gag the 1.6 TDI, then they needn't bother making a kit for our Toledo, as like the Yeti the motor runs very well.

TP

Recently had letter from  Director Skoda Australia saying that I had to have,

my vehicle checked heading was "Vehicle Recall Campaign 23R6" quoting my Vin Number.,

" we do not currently  have a specific date,  have Booked in for  normal Service 17/1/17.

For latest news "http://www.skoda.com.au/dieselinfo" logged in entered Vin Number,

"not effected" was response.

Have been  involved with computers since 1976, Plus have owned Diesel vehicles 1982,

last count was 3.5 M KM since 1982 when I kept records for work. Old work habits die hard.

Regards Geoff

As the title says.

I just want an answer to what the title says.

Thanks - Colin

I knew you were 'living in hope...' however ...

Acquaintance of mine has 2 l yeti, had it done, says, "if anything, it feels a little smoother. No complaints. Too early to comment on mpg".

Golf friend with a 2l passat has had it done & says he can't feel any difference.

James just to be clear on that, 

From the 'very little feed back' is that only positive feed back or has there been any negative?

When did the establishment or group you work for start doing 'The Fix' on the 2.0TDI's & how many have been carried out approx ?

?

Do the Service Desk Personnel have a System for keeping a record of any comments coming in from Customers or are the VW Group sending 

out or handing out some form of questionnaire to those who's vehicle has had 'The Fix' carried out?

?

Is the work shop Manager and Workshop Employees given notice of all those that are making a positive or negative comment.?

For Skoda who are 'Simply Clever',  a questionnaire of all those having the Recall Actions seems like as easy thing to do, 

then they will be in a position to do a press release on 100% positive result as far as satisfaction if that is the result they get from 

customers.

Edited by Offski

?

Do many people contact Dealership between services?

If they have a concern our customers don't tend to keep it to themselves. In general some people wait for less serious issues to be resolved but we tend to get them to drop in to have the issue checked anyway.

A lot of these updates have been carried out via a booking independent of any other work. I suppose skoda want them all doing ASAP.

People who I've specifically asked about the update have had nothing to say really, you tend to get a shrug of the shoulders and a "I haven't noticed anything" type response.

• Like 1

Perhaps a before and after power and torque print out with comparative consumption figures

Which has already been done by one member, and the results were no different before or after the mod.

Which has already been done by one member, and the results were no different before or after the mod.

Which was what I was expecting but won't be accepted as definitive

As usual, can we please get back to the point.

Anybody with real first hand experience, I believe some call this primary source information.

thank you - Colin

Did you see my post above? It's a MY2014 car, can't remember the engine code off the top of my head.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just had my 110 4x4 done. 

Only had the car back a couple of weeks so not chalked up a whole lot of miles since (about 200), but on my daily commute (which consists of 7 miles, 5 of which are on motorway/dual carriageway), my first impression is that mpg is a little down.  I used to regularly achieve 45-48 mpg by journey end according to the maxidot. Since the "fix", I have not jet been able to break 40, generally returning about 37-39 mpg. Of course some of this could be environmental, but several of the days were fairly mild 11-13 degC for the time of year.

I have to accelerate to join the dual carriageway from low speed due to a sharp bend, and the car possibly feels slighly sluggish at low rpm (at least until the engine warms up). Also had a DPF regen within a couple of days of getting the car back, hopefully a coincidence and not a sign of things to come.

I have a couple of longer drives coming up next week so will keep an eye on the MPG.

Well, I've had it done.

I eventually decided on this route as I am getting a slightly heavier caravan soon and have decided the long drives to and from collection will be a good indication if things have changed for the worse. My 3 yr warranty on the Yeti is over in June and if all is not well I will go for a remap.

Shark will be my preferred choice, followed by Celtic. The later, although significantly cheaper and well respected would mean I have to wait for them to be in my area. A Shark agent is local at only 20 minutes away drive should I need to follow up on anything.

Colin