The " Days, till Christmas " Part Six

Auric Goldfinger

57 days.

Im off to work now.. until Sunday night.

Apologies to the travelling public for the disruption to services over the weekend.. has to be done though!

12 hours ago, Brijo said:

54, then. 

Been away a while, just dropped in to see how things are going.  My oh my! Doesn't time fly! 

Any mince pies left? 

No, but now today is halloween i can purchase as many as i want...

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Aspman said:

Rollocks to Xmas!

But I've done most Xmas shopping for the wee man now.

Swmbo is on midterm, hoping to get our weeman sorted out this week too. And everyone else in the next fortnight... get it all done early for a change.. ive got too much work ****e left between now and yr end to have to try squeezing shopping into it too

I saw a post on reddit last night that if your turkey is more than 200lb, you need to start thawing it out yesterday/today.

Who the hell has a 200lb frozen turkey.

I must assume that it is but a mathematical point of interest rather than an actual PSA

21 hours ago, mac11irl said:

I saw a post on reddit last night that if your turkey is more than 200lb, you need to start thawing it out yesterday/today.

Who the hell has a 200lb frozen turkey.

I must assume that it is but a mathematical point of interest rather than an actual PSA

Getting the Large Turkey into the Oven may be a problem, might have to take the middle shelf out........

Unknown.jpeg

• Haha 2

F'king Christmas songs playing in Dunnes this morning doing the shopping! The poor staff are gonna be homicidal by the time Santa's doing his deliveries.

I did pick up a box of their deep fill mince pies though, the annual taste comparison begins later..

Well aldi are winning the mince pie playoff 2017 so far.

Dunnes deep fill effort resulting in mild indigestion is a big mark against them along with a slightly less pleasant texture to the pastry.

Tesco finest not yet in stock, lidl hasnt been visited yet, supervalu will get a spot check tomorrow.