Anyone into rc cars?

mikejay

Think I'm re living my childhood because I have gone and bought myself a wltoys vortex rc car! 4 wheel drive, water proof and gos like stink. Absolutely love it. The tinkering with it when it breaks and just taking it round to the local skate park for a bash. Am I on my own with this or anyone else share the same interest?

My boss is in his 40's andis racing his RC car in the nationals, all over the country.

We all had a bit of a blast at it a few years ago with off the shelf nitro cars but realised we were crap, he used to be into it many years ago and retained the knack and as said has made it all the way to the nationals for the last couple of years.

• Like 1

I have a few (over 25 last time I counted, 10 of those are Xmods)

Spent a day this week with my son and the Skoda's All brushless and Lipo, so well over 50mph. I have a dear friend who is making a scale replica of my car, even down to the new bonnet

DSC_0200_zpsvsq1wim0.jpg

DSC_0199_zps3jur063e.jpg

some of my others.

14707912_10154476049014471_6039904548707

DSC_0161_zpspkjajxmr.jpg

DSC_0091_zps95ghkkiu.jpg

Edited by tempra007
  • Like 1

25!lol.i want a Traxxas slash but there too expensive lol

I did calculate how much I've spent over the years and I did work out I could have bought a new vrs with all the money and mods to my cars :sweat:

I built one years ago, instead of going to school I stayed at home and built one for a week or two. It was a Schumacher mission carbon or something. I didn't have the cash to put a decent motor etc in it and flogged it after a few goes.

I've toyed with getting another but I have less and less time spare.

Used to mess around with hpi and tracxas nitros years ago

wouldn't mind getting myself one now but I have no clue what's good these days probably would go electric off road type but bewildered these days

I race RC cars regularly and have done for 25 years.

I'm a member of several clubs ,both indoor and outdoor.

I have an x-ray t4 touring car and Schumacher supastox GT for indoor carpet racing and a schumacher cougar kf2 for outdoor buggy racing.

Also a losi mini 8 for bashing around the park with.

If you are interested in racing you need a brca licence .

If you look on the brca website it gives you details of local clubs.

I know my cars are pink...It's easiest to spot when racing against black carpet :)

20161209_195335_zpsokbnawwt.jpg

Edited by tubbytommy