1.8tsi mk2 fl engine sound

hey guys here we go i picked up a octavia 2 fl 2009 1.8tsi after disposing off my laura 1.9pd l k .

i loved the tsi car was clean but already had clocked 150000kms =93k miles 

first thing i did was check up with skoda for suspension ,compression - 10.7 on all cylinder s

so then i decide to restore this thing _although doesn't need much - the timing chain horror stories being existence ordered new timing chain , tensioner, timing pads, oil pump chain, its tensioner ,gaskets etc -

new pcv,new purge valve, new battery, new back wiring harness , ac compressor ,drier etc all misc items for ac

oil slump was broken - ordered new

intake manifold cleaning -new gaskets 

turbo diverter valve 

new clutch, flywheel etc

new backk bumper, so i set forth to do the repairs ,waited for the tools which took a good one month -timing tools

as this was a major work and car ran so much they took the engine out and did the timing works and all the necessary ones as i wanted 

engine is back in the bay and they started it today and send me a recording - I'm not sure if the sound is too loud or if something  is wrong wit it ,sounds like a diesel :D

they say its good and excellent , pls advice ! 

attaching few pics during my work and the video of the recording .

thankshttps://youtu.be/FWHxyk2DEtk

post-133076-0-16998100-1483114073_thumb.jpg

post-133076-0-43909000-1483114184_thumb.jpg

Please explain why you would "dispose" of a 1.9 pd for a car that  as you say "doesn't need much" then reel off a multitude of things that it needs like.....

"ordered new timing chain , tensioner, timing pads, oil pump chain, its tensioner ,gaskets etc. -

new pcv,new purge valve, new battery, new back wiring harness , ac compressor ,drier etc. all misc. items for ac

oil slump was broken - ordered new

intake manifold cleaning -new gaskets 

turbo diverter valve 

new clutch, flywheel etc."

On top of all this the engine was taken out :dull:

You originally said it doesn't need much, maybe its me but this is like a total rebuild :peek:

I think that I can smell something.......is it sheep's?.........is it chicken's?..............is it dog's?.............is it cat's?...............need I go on ?

Edited by Bazzer1955

I agree the post is strange and internally inconsistent.

There are a load of 1.8TSI videos under that link though. They all seem to sound harsh and diesel-like.

Trolling, who knows.

Sounds like my 2.0 tsi. The HPFP are quite noisy.

Edit: The attitude of some of the posts on this thread suck, the chap is Indian posting for help, perhaps those inconstancies are that English isn't his 1st language? I'd hardly think its trolling unless hes hoping to make a monetary sum off youtube on a very short video. 

Catch a grip ffs. 

Edited by Gobsheene

Sounds like my 2.0 tsi. The HPFP are quite noisy.

Edit: The attitude of some of the posts on this thread suck, the chap is Indian posting for help, perhaps those inconstancies are that English isn't his 1st language? I'd hardly think its trolling unless hes hoping to make a monetary sum off youtube on a very short video. 

Catch a grip ffs. 

So my attitude sucks because I pointed out that he said he acquired a car that did not need much but in reality needed loads .......Oh dear

So my attitude sucks because I pointed out that he said he acquired a car that did not need much but in reality needed loads .......Oh dear

No, well yes actually, that's a pretty obvious point that I'm sure the OP is aware of.

But they guy comes here for assistance and is met by Captain Obvious on his high horse offering no help at all.

• 2 months later...