Cruelty to humans - right to die?

SkodaVRS1963

I was in a very dark place a few years ago; I thoroughly researched suicide.

The biggest obstacle, by a country mile, was how resilient the human body is to dying.

I don't think people realise how difficult it is to top yourself!  "Oh, 60 paracetamol and a bottle of vodka will do"...........no, you survive with massive liver damage.

Damn the human body :D

I thought you survived a few days only, then died. (Giving you a chance to possibly regret it, but nothing short of a liver transplant allowing you to survive it?)  [Not a doctor, but used to know one who said this as a medical student, while ago now]

Ok, I won't.

What I will say is you have made your points and I have made mine. They are just my (and some others) beliefs and if you do not agree with them then that is fine.

You do not have to reiterate your points over and over again and again.

It will not change my beliefs. Enough said.

Neither do you. And snap :)

My mum took her life at Dignitas in 2009........ My sister has MS, diabetes and a sight disorder... My Granny is in a home with dementia.... Don't get me started!! :swear:  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How many times do we put down a horse, valued pet etc because they have a bad condition etc which means they are existing & not living & in constant pain..etc etc...you get the idea

I thought "compassion" was a word which meant & carried a lot of weight & reasonability.......

I was mistaken, it's been erased from quite a few people dictionaries....just so they can feel "good".

As hard as it is,

my mum is suffering very badly from dementia. She is bed ridden in a nursing home being fed by a tube.

she has no life, can't speak, her eyes look blank.

she could go on for years like it with no hope of improvement.

is it fair on her? 

So if she could be put to sleep, we as a family would welcome it, it would be hard to say a final goodbye. But she has already gone.

may sound harsh, but would you keep a dog alive for weeks on a drip with no hope of improvement?

And yes I still go and visit, I find it very hard and upsetting.

• Like 3