Sportline VCDS coding options

I do not know how is the specification in the UK so I wonder if you can get the front collision alert and autonomic brake and City Safety without ACC? In any case, the ACC is no brainer.

Brilliant to see somebody in Ireland ordering a 280 Sportline, I'd be keeping an eye out for your when your trading. 

Couple of points:

Are you going with the standard 18's? Im thinking of a Sportline myself (lowly 2.0 150) and the standard 18's are in an odd colour - like gold an grey and black mixed. It really put me off the car (a red Sportline). The 19's look much better and are good value at 475 but 19's aren't great in Ireland with our lovely roads

ACC - meant to be great if you have the DSG so yes go for it. I think this is a separate option at around 370 quid

Alarm- its possible they will want the full cost of alarm plus Kessy even though it comes with Kessy standard as the Sportline is technically an upgrade pack. I have an Ambition which includes basic sat nav when I was buying it but I wanted DAB - guess what, it was coming in as a 650 euro extra which was the price of amunsen sat nav with DAB. The dealer couldn't get around this. Do you really need an alarm - Ive found insurance only give 10/15 discount for it though maybe with the 280 you have to get it?

TSR - you'll first have to spec one of the Sat Nav's - I was thinking of this getting the basic Amunsen 8in for about 470 quid and then getting TSR for another 80ish. This will allow you code in Lane Assist and the Adaptive headlights which I believe are not standard (I might be wrong on that one?)

Again not sure if they are standard, but if not get the heated washer jets as they are really small money- like 30 quid,  and although not as good as the heated windscreen not a bad option to have 

Good luck! What colour you going with?

Also the Sportline is based of the Ambition spec and comes with Bi-Xenon headlights with adaptive frontlight system but I cannot find confirmation if the Sportline comes with automatic lights (dipped lights come on automatically) can anyone confirm please?

Thanks all :)

Hi,

The Irish spec sportline does not come with any form of auto dipping headlights as standard ! It must be specified at time of order.

The " light assist with high beam control " option is €323.

There are a few other auto light options bundled with lane assist and/or bsd , you will find them in the online configurator.

They don't come with adaptive cruise as standard either which I belive is std on UK cars ?

This option is €383 for the " up to 160kms/hr " version.

Would anyone be able to confirm if the 7 additional "eyelash" LEDs in the Sportline headlights come with Smart Light Assist or with the Dynamic High Beam Assist package? Currently I have the car specced with Smart Light Assist with BSD and Lane Assist but I really don't want to order the wrong package and find the eyelash's aren't illuminated on the car :(

Note - I didn't just spec SLA in the hope the car would get the LED eyelashs - I do actually have an interest in the SLA technology... the eyelash LEDs are a bonus however :)

Edited by CTRob

Super-dee-dooper Gizmo ;-)

OK so the spec we ordered last week is as follows:

Superb Sportline 2.0 TSI 280bhp 4x4 DSG:

- Black Magic Pearlescent

- Sunroof

- 19" Vega Alloys

- Retrofit alarm (still clarifying with the dealer alarm pricing)

- Front Assist / ACC up to 160km/h

- Smart Light Assist with BSD and Lane Assist

- Wi-fi

- Travel assist

- Canton sound upgrade

- Amundsen Navigation

- Heated windscreen washers

- Progressive steering

- Electrically operated boot

- Rear side airbags

Happy with the spec and deal offered... taking delivery end of March (can't wait) :) I think this will be the 1st 280 saloon sold in Ireland!

Edited by CTRob
  • Like 2

Cheers. I haven't actually driven a car with progressive steering. I speced it because the dealer said it worked similar to BMW active steering (which we have in our current car). Can you describe what progressive steering was like in your GTD?

Cheers

It's like a variable ratio steering rack ,the rack ratio shortens in proportion to the amount of steering angle that you input. It's great when driving on twisty roads at speed and also for low speed driving ,parking etc .

• Like 1

It's like a variable ratio steering rack ,the rack ratio shortens in proportion to the amount of steering angle that you input. It's great when driving on twisty roads at speed and also for low speed driving ,parking etc .

Awesome thank you that is pretty much what I was expecting/hoping for :)

Super-dee-dooper Gizmo ;-)

OK so the spec we ordered last week is as follows:

Superb Sportline 2.0 TSI 280bhp 4x4 DSG:

- Black Magic Pearlescent

- Sunroof

- 19" Vega Alloys

- Retrofit alarm (still clarifying with the dealer alarm pricing)

- Front Assist / ACC up to 160km/h

- Smart Light Assist with BSD and Lane Assist

- Wi-fi

- Travel assist

- Canton sound upgrade

- Amundsen Navigation

- Heated windscreen washers

- Progressive steering

- Electrically operated boot

- Rear side airbags

Happy with the spec and deal offered... taking delivery end of March (can't wait) :) I think this will be the 1st 280 saloon sold in Ireland!

I'm actually jealous.  That will be amazing.  There was a Black Magic 280ps Sportline on Autotrader in a Scotish dealer (Arnold Clark IIRC) and it looked the dogs.  Proper Q car.  The same black exhaust tips that can be ordered for the 230ps Octavia vRS would looks really good on a black Sportline. 

• Like 1

attachicon.gifskodaie.jpg

This is on the "Style" trim level but the numbers stack up to what your dealer is suggesting.

OK so I asked Skoda to again clarify the alarm pricing. Basically they are saying that the €897 figure in the screenshot is correct to add an alarm to a Sportline. I argued the point that Kessy comes as standard on the Sportline but they said there are 2 different versions of Kessy and the one that comes with the Sportline is different to the Kessy that comes with a Style or is an option on an Ambition model. I told them to me it sounds like they are trying to charge for Kessy twice if someone specs a Sportline with a factory alarm. I've also asked them what is the difference between the Kessy on a Sportline and the Kessy available on the other trim levels but it looks to be a losing battle...

OK so I asked Skoda to again clarify the alarm pricing. Basically they are saying that the €802 figure is correct to add an alarm to a Sportline. I argued the point that Kessy comes as standard on the Sportline but they said there are 2 different versions of Kessy and the one that comes with the Sportline is different to the Kessy that comes with a Style or is an option on an Ambition model. I told them to me it sounds like they are trying to charge for Kessy twice if someone specs a Sportline with a factory alarm. I've also asked them what is the difference between the Kessy on a Sportline and the Kessy available on the other trim levels but it looks to be a losing battle...

In other words instead of saying they don't know, they are trying to fob you off. How could there be 2 different versions of KESSY??? Keyless Entry is exactly that!! I wouldn't give in until I had a clear explanation IN WRITING as to exactly what the 2 KESSY'S are...

Edited by Rebelred

Suspect the Sportline KESSY could be akin to "KESSY GO", like which you get on the Fabia.

Perhaps someone knows the difference?

KESSY GO - Keyless start system

Keyless start system allows the car to be started with a button as long as the sensors detect the key is with the driver.

(so you have to unlock the car, but then there's a button to press to start if the car knows you have the key?)

KESSY - Keyless entry and start system

Keyless Entry and Start System (KESSY) allows the driver to lock and unlock the car as well as start and stop the engine without having to insert or even handle the key. As long as the key is within 1.5m of the sensor, the system will work and a number of clever features ensure you can check the car is locked, prevent you from locking the key inside and stop unwanted access.

So you can unlock AND start the car as long as the key is close enough?

OK so Kessy go means I hit the button on the key to open the car and another button to start the car. Kessy means I don't have to hit the button on the key to open the car (once I am close enough) but I do have to hit a button in the car to start the engine. Have I got that right? I really don't think they will budge on the price of the factory alarm... I have even offered to pay half the cost (€450) but they were having none of it saying that that is the cost of adding a factory alarm to a Sportline. Dealers hands are tied he says. Really don;t fancy forking out €898 for an alarm so I think it will have to be a retrofit (which the dealer has promised they will stand over).

Edited by CTRob

Can anyone confirm if the steering wheel on the sportline comes with the DSG paddle shifters?

From UK Car configurator when you select a DSG variant.

Leather-wrapped multifunction sports steering wheel w/ tiptronic

From UK Car configurator when you select a DSG variant.

Leather-wrapped multifunction sports steering wheel w/ tiptronic

Perfect I just had dealer confirmation also. I panicked a bit because I read a post on here saying DSG paddles were an option on all models but I think that was pre-sportline days :)