Yeti L&K no longer available to order

Smokeyjoe

That might go some way to explaining why L&K's have been going so cheap on lease deals. Mines costing £121 a month which is barmy. 

Glad I got my order placed in November! Yes it seems they're potentially getting ready for the new Yeti to emerge, although I thought that wasn't due for a while yet. 

Wow, that is cheap.  What's the deposit and mileage allowance on your lease?

Probably more like the Kodiaq, this is Auto-Expresses prediction:

2018-yeti-frontquarter.jpg?itok=eWCLhCSx

2018-yeti-rearquarter.jpg?itok=sQyW655z

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/yeti/91163/new-skoda-yeti-suv-to-get-sharper-looks-and-more-space

Thats a rebadged VW Tiguan if I'm not mistaken. Is that what Yeti II is going to be?

Probably more like the Kodiaq, this is Auto-Expresses prediction:

2018-yeti-frontquarter.jpg?itok=eWCLhCSx

2018-yeti-rearquarter.jpg?itok=sQyW655z

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/yeti/91163/new-skoda-yeti-suv-to-get-sharper-looks-and-more-space

Mmmmm Auto-Express ..... more reliable info from my goldfish I'm afraid .... just my opinion :no:

• Like 3

Wow, that is cheap.  What's the deposit and mileage allowance on your lease?

Deposit is £2000 and the mileage allowance is 8k a year. Excess mileage charge is 7.2ppm. I'll definitely go over the mileage allowance by a few thousand but the excess charge is pretty cheap so shouldn't be a problem. This was a deal from Horton Skoda in Lincoln. At first I saw the deal on the Simpsons Skoda website but i was tipped off by members of a leasing forum that Horton usually beat Simpsons and indeed they did. £5 cheaper monthly at Horton and no holding fee. Simspons wanted a £400 holding fee when i placed the order! Plus Horton are delivering the vehicle to me on a trailer, whereas Simpsons require you to pick the vehicle up from Preston, which is a nightmare when im coming from south wales. My L&K is being delivered to me on the 31st of Jan. 

Edited by jimbob2405

Deposit is £2000 and the mileage allowance is 8k a year. Excess mileage charge is 7.2ppm. I'll definitely go over the mileage allowance by a few thousand but the excess charge is pretty cheap so shouldn't be a problem. This was a deal from Horton Skoda in Lincoln. My L&K is being trailer delivered to me on the 31st of Jan. 

I just checked my 1.2 Monte contract and excess mileage on mine is 3.5ppm inc Vat, picked up last week

With more than a hint of Kodiak. Increase in size from current Yeti to more Quashquai size because that is the plum to pluck and where VAG see maximum sales potential.

This also then makes room for the suggested Fabia based SUV to compete in that very active sector of market.

We must not forget that when the Yeti came to market it was one of the first 'soft roaders/mini SUVs'. This sector of the market has now grown to the extent that SUVs sit in all the traditional car size sectors. A pity in a way, as I suspect for many on here the Yeti is just the right size as it is.

• Like 1

Deposit is £2000 and the mileage allowance is 8k a year. Excess mileage charge is 7.2ppm. I'll definitely go over the mileage allowance by a few thousand but the excess charge is pretty cheap so shouldn't be a problem. This was a deal from Horton Skoda in Lincoln. At first I saw the deal on the Simpsons Skoda website but i was tipped off by members of a leasing forum that Horton usually beat Simpsons and indeed they did. £5 cheaper monthly at Horton and no holding fee. Simspons wanted a £400 holding fee when i placed the order! Plus Horton are delivering the vehicle to me on a trailer, whereas Simpsons require you to pick the vehicle up from Preston, which is a nightmare when im coming from south wales. My L&K is being delivered to me on the 31st of Jan. 

Similar to mine but I'm on £130 p.m. and deposit is 3 months upfront.  Cheaper than yours but yours is the more expensive L&K whereas mines a Monte Carlo plus I'm having to wait 6 months for mine.

Thats a rebadged VW Tiguan if I'm not mistaken. Is that what Yeti II is going to be?

Yes, as far as I know the new Tiguan, Seat Ateca and the new Yeti II all share the same platform.

Similar to mine but I'm on £130 p.m. and deposit is 3 months upfront. Cheaper than yours but yours is the more expensive L&K whereas mines a Monte Carlo plus I'm having to wait 6 months for mine.

Your Monte contract works out a few hundred cheaper than mine but I did get mine from a local dealer within 3 months and as I mentioned in the above post I am on a 3.5p per mile excess charge contract, knowing that I am going to exceed the agreed contract mileage it should overall bring my total more in line with on line leasing contracts who do charge more per mile and I got free met paint with no admin fee.

Mmmmm Auto-Express ..... more reliable info from my goldfish I'm afraid .... just my opinion :no:

Maybe so, but do you realistically think that the new Yeti is going to be fundamentally different to other group offerings?

Maybe so, but do you realistically think that the new Yeti is going to be fundamentally different to other group offerings?

Although I believe it shares the MQB platform, it is aimed at a different 5 seat market, therefore I hope it would be different offering rather than a small version of the enlarged Kodiak.

Time will tell, but as to anything Auto-Express says .... p1sh-posh, they have been the masters of inventing stories using paintshop editing, for the last 20 years amusing but nothing more IMO. :sun:

Edited by TruckbusUK

Auto express do usually say 'according to factory insiders',  which usually means the Skoda or VW media department spinning stories.

Like Autocar / Pistonheads (Haymarket Media) they do a great service for the VW Group and never seem to Ask to many difficult questions,

like on Recalls or Fundamental Design or Manufacturimg Faults/

Auto express do usually say 'according to factory insiders',  which usually means the Skoda or VW media department spinning stories.

Like Autocar / Pistonheads (Haymarket Media) they do a great service for the VW Group and never seem to Ask to many difficult questions,

like on Recalls or Fundamental Design or Manufacturimg Faults/

Piston heads figures for the post fix EA189 aren't much of an 'advertisement' for VW I would think.......more an exposure

Contributors can at least take part on there, there is Editorial control but there is a story to tell and it is time that the Motoring Media got some test results out there.

Haymarket Media have the resources to do that.

Edited by Offski

Contributors can at least take part on there, there is Editorial control but there is a story to tell and it is time that the Motoring Media got some test results out there.

Haymarket Media have the resources to do that.

Which is exactly what Pistonheads did surely.

Guest FurryFriend

This also then makes room for the suggested Fabia based SUV to compete in that very active sector of market.

We must not forget that when the Yeti came to market it was one of the first 'soft roaders/mini SUVs'. This sector of the market has now grown to the extent that SUVs sit in all the traditional car size sectors. A pity in a way, as I suspect for many on here the Yeti is just the right size as it is.

I think you've got that spot on. We will be ordering our new Yeti SE Drive this coming week. The NEW SHAPE doesn't appeal in the slightest, and looks like Quasquai, Sportage, and many other similar boring shaped jelly moulds these days.

I reckon Skoda are making a big mistake moving away from this tried and trusted shape, much as Volvo did when they dropped their estate car range.....and that's why we moved away from Volvo.

The current shape is perfect in our opinion. Why on earth do car manufacturers not listen to customers?

Completely agree the current Yeti is the ideal size for many of us, bigger than the supermini based competitors but smaller than Quashquai etc. It is the reason I have just ordered a new Yeti because I just know that the new Yeti will 'grow' and I will be very surprised if it is not Ateca sized. A Fabia based SUV could be the right size but you just fear they will follow the Juke mode of overstyling everything and style triumphing over purpose.

Argh! Just seen the Simpsons deal. If their calculation is correct, (£2490 initial rental and then 23 payments of £119) that's £7607 for a £25K car, and with free metallic paint and 2 years road tax. Carwow, still pricing at 23K

If that's right, I'm kicking myself for ordering my first Skoda last November!

Anybody joining me?

Argh! Just seen the Simpsons deal. If their calculation is correct, (£2490 initial rental and then 23 payments of £119) that's £7607 for a £25K car, and with free metallic paint and 2 years road tax. Carwow, still pricing at 23K

If that's right, I'm kicking myself for ordering my first Skoda last November!

Anybody joining me?

Think you've got your maths mixed up a bit there. The simspons deal works out at £5227 over the 2 years. 

Thats actually quite a lot for the L&K yeti. A few months ago they were dirt cheap on lease. Around £4500 over 2 years for a 25k car. Mine works out at £4783 for the entire 2 years. The lease prices increased along with excess mileage cost on the 22nd of November last year, not sure why but i remember i was urged by Horton Skoda to order before the 22nd of Nov because they "hinted" at a price increase, and sure enough they were right. 

Guest FurryFriend

Sadly I suspect they don't see us oldies as the market's styling future.

Kodiaq looks acceptable and probably an indication perhaps.

Thats a mistake I reckon. The current shape is exactly what appeals, but I wouldn't buy the Kodiaq. And us 'oldies' aren't bothered about poncy 'impress the neighbour' styles. Function is more important to me.

Thats a mistake I reckon. The current shape is exactly what appeals, but I wouldn't buy the Kodiaq. And us 'oldies' aren't bothered about poncy 'impress the neighbour' styles. Function is more important to me.

Out of interest is the current Yeti built on a 'common platform' if so, I presume the Mk V Golf? I presume a part of the decision is linked to availability of new platforms. I totally agree that in making a car so similar in size and looks to the competition they will fall into a trap that will alienate many of their existing loyal customers (many of whom are 'oldies'). However, if their market research suggests it will give them wider access to a new more lucrative demographic it will be a good move for them. However, to do this, the car will need to be able to beat the competition on its own grounds. Certainly the Ateca seems to be doing this at the moment if the motoring media can be believed.