Anthracite Gemini 18" - None in the country!

I was unfortunate to have an accident mid-November, which caused quite a bit of damage to the front near side of the car.

What I cannot believe as the title of the posts suggest, there are no 18" Anthracite Gemini wheels in the UK. The body shop have had one on order since the beginning of December and still have no delivery date. The body shop have loaned my a car, but it's not the same not even close to the 2016 vRS that I am paying for and not driving.

I spoke to my insurance company this morning to see if they would do anything, only to be told that they might be able to offer me cash in lieu of the wheel - well that would be just fine, how do I drive the car with three wheels?

My question is this - does anybody on here know where I might source a new wheel? I have checked on ebay and there is currently two listed, both showing some curb damage and collect only from the south of England.

Maybe contact Superskoda and see if they can get one as they are in Czech Republic.

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/Wheels/5x112/18-/

Only other alternative is get a wheel of the same size until the alloy comes back into stock?

www.mytyres.co.uk sell single wheels steel and alloy.

Edited by glosrich

I'd suggest following up with Skoda customer services

Many years ago i ran a lotus esprit, had a small incident that needed a trip to the bodyshop, had a single damaged wheel too - Lotus didn't have any stock of the wheel so they invoiced for the supply of one wheel but in fact shipped me 4 of an alternate design (same size) which i was very happy with.  Four new wheels on the car and i then had 3 good wheels which i then sold so i was quids in.

This is from a swedish "junkyard" site, they are selling a used set of 4 rims for 5.000 sek (around 460 £).

1 rim is damaged the others are supposed to be ok, maybe you can make something of this? 

https://www.bildelsbasen.se/?link=item&searchmode=2&vc1=191&pc1=112&regnr=PAG220&sml=1&vc[0]=191107100&vcx=4209&pc[0]=112121102&post_id=33269607

And here is just one rim for 2000sek, maybe better? will be cheaper shipping probably?

https://www.bildelsbasen.se/?link=item&searchmode=2&vc1=191&pc1=112&regnr=PAG220&sml=1&vc[0]=191107100&vcx=4209&pc[0]=112121100&post_id=32849785

Best regards

Jonas H

Edited by Jonas86

What I cannot believe as the title of the posts suggest, there are no 18" Anthracite Gemini wheels in the UK. The body shop have had one on order since the beginning of December and still have no delivery date.

I feel you.

I ordered a second set of Black Gemini's in September when I got the car, haven't got them yet.

I'm told the manufacturer hasn't made any Gemini's for a while.

Some have painted silver Gemini's black but to my knowledge there are no new Gemini's available in Finland in any colour.

Edited by Petunet

The insurance company have now agreed that a wheel from a breakers/dismantlers can be used, just need to source one! Passed details of one to the body shop, let's see if anything comes of that.

The bodyshop also phoned me this morning to say they have a new estimated delivery date of Tuesday 24th Jan for new wheel - not holding my breath that it will actually arrive.

The wait continues....

I have waited for two such rims since October. My dealer tells me he has no idea why it's taking so long. Quite frustrating. I'm in Norway, so this is apparently not just o local problem.

Edited by Redgarden