Advice if Any For A Yeti Snorkel

SeanPaulHTFC77

Hi,

I am just wondering is it possible to get a snorkel for my yeti please.

I understand that I might need to get a universal one or make one to fit from different snorkel models, but I just wondered is it possible to fit one please.

Thank you and all replies will be welcomed.

Sean.

I've never seen one but I suppose anything's possible.

IIRC the Yeti has a pretty low wading depth and the air intake is above the wading depth so probably wouldn't be of any use apart from cosmetically.

Remember, the Yeti is based on a Golf platform and you wouldn't see a Golf with a snorkel or wading :D

• Like 1

Hi,

I am just wondering is it possible to get a snorkel for my yeti please.

I understand that I might need to get a universal one or make one to fit from different snorkel models, but I just wondered is it possible to fit one please.

Thank you and all replies will be welcomed.

Sean.

Recent thread asking the same question:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/418827-yeti-20-tdi-4x4-fl-snorkel/

And the obvious question; why do you think you need one?

To Answer some of the questions, I would like one for the look, and to make the yeti more aggressive/off road look, I am looking at getting the front bar too.

And yes before you say get a landy, I dont like them, I like skoda and I love my yeti.

• Like 1

To Answer some of the questions, I would like one for the look, and to make the yeti more aggressive/off road look, I am looking at getting the front bar too.

And yes before you say get a landy, I dont like them, I like skoda and I love my yeti.

In that case anything could be used to be a dummy one. As you have seen there are no proper ones available.

You will need to fit 16" wheels if you want to fit some more aggressive tyres as they are none suitable in 17".

Be very wary about front protection bars and check with your insurance company that they will allow you to fit one, Many won't as unless they are made of a deformable structure they are illegal. I would also ask about the "fake" snorkel and the change in wheels and tyres..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...