Infotainment skipping songs

Hey guys, wondering if you can help...

Every now and then my car skips songs when playing music from my phone via Bluetooth.

Mainly happens when the stop-start function is used but also noticed when I turn the engine on and I seem to recall it once happening when I changed gear.

Also noticed something else, when I was monitoring average mpg (since start) on the trip computer it changed it to average mpg (live not since start)...

Any one else had this issue and know of a fix or any solutions?

Do you mean that entire songs in a playlist or album are ignored?

I've recently noticed that if you're playing a playlist in Apple Music (the subscription service) and the 3G/4G reception is poor, the iPhone will skip songs that it hasn't downloaded and jump to ones that are local on the phone because it knows it will be able to play them.

This random skipping of songs I've also noticed, but also it happens for USB or SD card or radio stations.

For me it's random only for start/stop is in function.

I have Bolero II.

There were a few reports on early cars of problems with the buttons on the steering Wheel sticking causing a similar effect as you describe.

The maxidot will scroll through different displays on its own.

Theres also a few issues with the touchscreen when it was cold & also some broken touch screens that also randomly pressed buttons..

Unless it starts to happen a lot, you might have trouble convincing a dealer to investigate the issue though.

Do you mean that entire songs in a playlist or album are ignored?

I've recently noticed that if you're playing a playlist in Apple Music (the subscription service) and the 3G/4G reception is poor, the iPhone will skip songs that it hasn't downloaded and jump to ones that are local on the phone because it knows it will be able to play them.

For me it's just what ever song is playing at the time. I use Deezer through the Bluetooth but in offline mode (don't want to eat my 4g allowance) so shouldn't be down to that as it downloads new tracks added to play list instantly :)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 26/12/2018 at 08:55, Ronaldo131 said:

did you figured out what caused it?

i have the same issue and trying to fix.

some suggested checking the battery voltage.

Never got to the bottom of it, just learnt to live with it haha