Which tyres for Octy vRS

Ninj

Hi all,

Best price I can get a set of Conti Sport Contact 2s for is £105 each fitted. Is this a decent price? Some were quoting upwards of £130.

An alternative is Dunlop SP2000E at £100 a corner.

These are for 225/45/17 so the other question is are there any problems (its due an MOT soon) with having different size tyres on the front vs the back? IIRC its ok as long as the same size is fitted on the same axle.

Any thoughts appreciated

Rgds

Rich

Forgot to say, Im not able to get tyres mail order as all of the dealers up here refuse to fit and balance them in response to the cheaper prices online. Therefore my choices are somewhat limited :(

From what I have heard Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 seem to be well liked - these are a similar price to the Conti Sport Contact 2s.

Out of the Dunlop and Contis that you mention I would go for the Contis as I do not rate the Dunlop SP Sport 3000s which I have currently fitted on mine.

As I understand, there should be no problem with running different size tyres front and back as long as the tyres on the same axle are of the same size. (However, I stand ready to be corrected as this is a question that I would like to know the answer to as well)

As far as price goes - on mytres.co.uk the Contis are about

Ya mytyres.co.uk are the cheapest around for the contis. I had conti sport contact 2's on my last car. Quality tyre IMO

You should have a back-street type tyre place somewhere who would be able to fit the tyres for around £10 a corner. Thats what i did when I bought mine from mytyres.co.uk

Cheers guys,

Turns out the Contis are Sport Contacts not 2s. I dont really like the look of the Dunlops so theyre out. How do Toyo Proxes T1S sit?

Mytyres want an additional £9 postage PER TYRE because my postcode is in the Highlands (its not actually) so Im going with etyres.

They also list Yoko C drives. Not heard anything about them but my local place reckoned the A drive (cheaper range) was great value for money.

Thanks for the opinions

Rich

Also decent prices on:

Toyos T1S - £110

Sport Contact 2 - £110

I have heard the T1S is pretty soft and therefore wears quicker than some. Has anyone got any comparisons between it and the Continentals?

Good news ref the MOT, thats how I remembered it but good to know it hasnt changed.

Thanks