J5's Super B - The Great White - *Updates*

Jonny5ive

Did you do anything about the mirrors fouling on the wind deflectors in the end? @Jonny5ive

I've noticed the same thing has happened on mine, apparently only on the passenger side though. Didn't realise until I saw a chunk of paint appears to be missing!

Cheers,

Steve

4 hours ago, spk said:

Did you do anything about the mirrors fouling on the wind deflectors in the end? @Jonny5ive

I've noticed the same thing has happened on mine, apparently only on the passenger side though. Didn't realise until I saw a chunk of paint appears to be missing!

Cheers,

Steve

Yes I did. I took them off!!

(The wind deflectors not the mirrors :D)

Too much wind noise with them fitted I found.

• Thanks 1

I have the same problem with the wind deflectors but did not modify them...the mirrors fold fine and just creak a bit as they hit the plastic on full fold.

Not noticed wind noise but tend to have windows or roof open much of the time....so already deafened :biggrin:

Hmmm...perhaps I need to check they’ve not moved in some way, at least on the passenger side...

Can’t say I’ve noticed wind noise being increased by having them just different. But that may also be related to what I think is quite a lot of noise from the tires that were on there when I bought it. That’s about to be sorted... ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Nice front splitter! Do you happen to have some more photo's for me? Considering this splitter too. 

Thnx! 

Beautiful Superb btw, i have the same, well almost, mine's 1.6TDI manual, but alsof Facelift, MoonWhite Station Elegance. Awesome car! 

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, Jonny5ive said:

That's all folks...

Here's the replacement bus.

I'm putting a few Superb 3T ancillaries in the for sale section, including K&N filter and a centre console armrest cubby tray if any current owners are interested.

IMG_20220424_182313_990.jpg

That is actually a bus 😂, I’d love a t5 I think we all get a hankering as we get older. Enjoy it!