Fabia 3 Monte Carlo Condensation misting up problem

'All cars do not get damp in the UK climate' or have rubbish systems to help reduce that happening.

Nonsense to even suggest that 'all cars do' IMO.   There are some that are pretty bad, hence these types of threads, common on this Skoda Forum in various models and generations of models.

9 hours ago, rum4mo said:

Receiver/dryer is not in the cabin air loop/system, it is in the R134A system and is only needed/used by the fridge plant for its own benefit.

The dehumidification effect is just a by-product/feature of a chiller system where certain zones are "a bit cold" so drop out some of the air borne water vapour (warm air can hold more water vapour than cod air).

Yes you are right. It’s over 40 years since I was a test driver at Jaguar working on the prototype XJ-S. Cod air? Smelly A/C? :-)

• 1 month later...

Thank you for some very useful comments. However the de-misting fan has definitely not been converted to right-hand drive. I have

now bought a bag containing dehumidifying crystals to place on the top of the dashboard and leave overnight. It has improved the

situation. The bag is then placed on the house radiator from time to time to dry out.

BryanH

Ever had this problem with any car.  

1. Keep the aircon on.

2. Do not leave the airflow on Recirculation. I believe the handbook has a warning about this. It is only for short-term use to avoid nasty smells etc from outside. Shutting off the fresh air flow into the car can, it seems, be hazardous as it traps exhaled CO2 inside the car and, over time, it can reach levels to affect your concentration.  Humans exhale very high levels of CO2.  Atmospheric levels are relatively low at around 400ppm. From memory, we exhale something of the order of 40,000ppm.  Do some research.

3. Read, and understand, the manual.

4. If you really cannot bear the idea of the minute cost of running the aircon, at least open a window.....just as you used to do before aircon became a standard.  If you're young, ask your Dad.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I find the de-misting of the Fabia quite poor, not enough to make me get rid of it but far inferior to my wife's Fiesta.

Once the car is warm it seems ok and I have not had the problems to the extent that some of the members of this thread have experienced.

I once owned an Audi 80 that had horrendous misting problems. I trace it to a recirc flap that was stuck closed.

When you switch the recirc button on/off you should notice a change in the tone of the blower.

A bit activity on this topic on the similar VW Polo right now, on the Polo forum - same bits same problems - and yes I've never noticed that sort of thing on my wife's previous 2002 Polo or any of her Fiestas before that, so something is not as good/correct as it could be!

Edited by rum4mo

There's a very definite change in the noise when the recirculation comes on. It comes on when you put it into reverse too. I agree that the demist is a little anaemic, but putting the RainX anti-fog stuff on the windscreen has definitely improved matters!