Superb MY18 news - when?

On 5/6/2017 at 11:12, kezwald said:

meant to say "also ordered LED+ package without KESSY dealer confirmed it was NOT needed

Hi Kez - I found it curious that LED+ and KESSY are linked in UK so I checked here using the configurator here in Switzerland
Indeed - the LED package also requires KESSY here too. I had ordered both so didn't notice the dependency. 

I upgraded KESSY to include alarm, though here in Switzerland the thieves are rather after high-end Audi, Mercedes or BMW. Nevertheless, it could be useful when travelling on holiday abroad. All the best, Rob

4 hours ago, SwissRob said:

Hi Kez - I found it curious that LED+ and KESSY are linked in UK so I checked here using the configurator here in Switzerland
Indeed - the LED package also requires KESSY here too. I had ordered both so didn't notice the dependency. 

I upgraded KESSY to include alarm, though here in Switzerland the thieves are rather after high-end Audi, Mercedes or BMW. Nevertheless, it could be useful when travelling on holiday abroad. All the best, Rob

Just so you know,factory alarm are worthless in 99% cases,because they are just a siren on top of factory immobiliser(that basicly means they steal it using same method as for a car with no factory alarm). If you want protection,go for the aftermarket alarm. I don't know for sure if something changed lately about factory ones,but they were rubbish last time i checked.

I ordered my car 2 weeks ago,i don't really know will it be my18 (they say it will take 45-60 days to deliver it) so i am not sure which week it will be assembled.

And what is LED+ package? My car is sportline and it comes with those fancy led ambiente light that can change colours,and i think it has footwell ilummination,so does it have that led+ package? 

11 minutes ago, fiki said:

Just so you know,factory alarm are worthless in 99% cases,because they are just a siren on top of factory immobiliser(that basicly means they steal it using same method as for a car with no factory alarm). If you want protection,go for the aftermarket alarm. I don't know for sure if something changed lately about factory ones,but they were rubbish last time i checked.

I ordered my car 2 weeks ago,i don't really know will it be my18 (they say it will take 45-60 days to deliver it) so i am not sure which week it will be assembled.

And what is LED+ package? My car is sportline and it comes with those fancy led ambiente light that can change colours,and i think it has footwell ilummination,so does it have that led+ package? 

standard on the sport line and L&K so yes you have it

Ive ordered the SEL and thought it would be a nice option for £195 although as I need KESSY (don't know why) its going to cost £595 see what dealer says tomorrow after hes rang Skoda UK although I'm not holding much hope on this so will get a refund of the £195 ive paid unless I decide to go with KESSY or Skoda sh!t a mirricle and say I can have it without lol

30 minutes ago, fiki said:

Hi Fiki - I just checked the (Swiss) spec of the factory alarm and it says this: 

Der Alarmanlage entgeht nichts: Bewegungs- und Neigungssensoren überwachen den Innenraum. Die Sensoren lassen sich bei Bedarf deaktivieren.

Nothing escapes the alarm system - motion and tilt sensors monitor the interior. The sensors can be deactivated if required. 

So I feel a bit better about the alarm system now! All the best, Rob

42 minutes ago, fiki said:

Just so you know,factory alarm are worthless in 99% cases,because they are just a siren on top of factory immobiliser(that basicly means they steal it using same method as for a car with no factory alarm).

You are completeley wrong. Factory alarm has inside infared sensors and tilt sensor. Also trailer disengagement sensor, which you do net get with aftermarket unit.

I was talking about starting the car (for me it is the most important thing in alarm). If thief manages to kill the siren (which is not that difficult) he can start engine same as he would on the car without factory alarm. That is not the case with good aftermarket alarm. But,it looks like the factory alarms did get better in the last 10 years (they were utter trash back then). It will probably do enough to discourige a thief from atempting to steal your car,because he can always fond one with no protection. In my country VAG group cars are the biggest target for thiefs,so i have to get a good aftermarket alarm (now with kessy it is even harder to find a good one that is keyless compatable) and a good mechanical protection (reinforced steering wheel lock) to make sure my car stays where i left it. This doesn't affect the warranty here,mainly because no one will give you insurance on skoda,vw or audi if you don't have aftermarker theft protection... Yeah,car theft is big thing around here.

if they did cut the siren modern cars as I know I have immobiliser backup which needs to read the key so its not a fact of olden days where its was just twist a few wires together, but on the other hand if somebody wants to steal your car they will, its just a deterrent to your average everyday thief.

think its the same world wide they prefer the more Audi Bmw etc, having said that a mates father recently had his battered 2002 Citroen c3 stole so nothings safe in todays world

Well as i said,they crack factory immobiliser via obd and start the car,imobiliser is active as soon as you pull the key out of ignition,they have ti do that to any modern car(aftermarket alarm has its own imobiliser which is hard to find and hard to deactivate). VW used to be stolen by replacing original dashboard with decoded one(they switched them on the spot) so the imobiliser that was in the dash was rendered useless (maybe i didn't explain the proces 100% acurately,but it is more or less it). But i agree,even factory alarm will keep them away in most cases,because in the next street there is another superb,but with no alarm whatsoever.

Comfort or dellusions of getting your Skoda nicked?

My last 3 cars had keyless entry / start and I will never return to traditional key.

Gets stolen? Who wants a Skoda? You cannot sell it in Russia (where most of the stolen premium cars end).

And this is what the insurance companies are for.

I my country skodas are in top 3 most vunerable cars (it goes audi,vw,skoda) so you cant really insure it if you dont have an alarm (in most cases). Does kessy make it more vunerable? I don't know. But it sure does make using the car much,much nicer.

52 minutes ago, linni said:

Comfort or dellusions of getting your Skoda nicked?

My last 3 cars had keyless entry / start and I will never return to traditional key.

Gets stolen? Who wants a Skoda? You cannot sell it in Russia (where most of the stolen premium cars end).

And this is what the insurance companies are for.

just something I read when searching whether it was worth the extra, in my case £400 just so I could get the LED+ pack

26 minutes ago, fiki said:

Does kessy make it more vunerable? 

Actually, it does. Car thieves do not bother themselves with low end equipment anymore, they are using high end signal amplifiers / duplicaters. 

6 minutes ago, kezwald said:

just something I read when searching whether it was worth the extra, in my case £400 just so I could get the LED+ pack

Well, it`s all about choiches. Some like mother, some daughter.

3 minutes ago, linni said:

Actually, it does. Car thieves do not bother themselves with low end equipment anymore, they are using high end signal amplifiers / duplicaters. 

Yeah,but shouldn't cars now have those (in my country we call them floating code) thing,basicly code is changed every time you press a button so it is not vunerable to frequency scaning? Reality is every car can be stolen,and we just have to make the job harder for a thief(so he chooses some other superb that doesn't have those safety features). I remember some 10 years ago,when those renault card keys were big thing,everybody was so sure those cars couldn't get stolen. When some guys cracked that system,renaults kept dissappearing like they weren't even locked(expensive parts didn't help,just built even bigger demand for cheap,second hand ones that thiefs could suply from the stolen cars).

7 minutes ago, linni said:

Well, it`s all about choiches. Some like mother, some daughter.

couldn't of described it better myself although that would be an easier choice :biggrin:

13 minutes ago, fiki said:

Yeah,but shouldn't cars now have those (in my country we call them floating code) thing,basicly code is changed every time you press a button so it is not vunerable to frequency scaning? 

It has actually nothing to do with frequency scanning.

You leave your car keys in the coat pocket. Coat is usually in the wardrobe next to entrance. Some guy sneaks to your front door with signal amplifier, caughts your fob`s signal, amplifies it and another guy opens car doors and gets it started.

The same goes if you go to supermarket/shop/whatever place, leaving car not far from the keyfob.

Faraday cage type keyfob holster helps here, on other hand.

Also these amplifiers are super expensive, not every thug can afford it.

Edited by linni

1 minute ago, fiki said:

Yeah,but shouldn't cars now have those (in my country we call them floating code) thing,basicly code is changed every time you press a button so it is not vunerable to frequency scaning?

actually these  scanners can watch every input you make and can even jam your car (prevent you from locking unlocking) so you have to press the key again enabling them to copy rolling codes, although this has been around for years so anyone with a basic remote fob is not safe how likely this is in the real world is probably low has they have to be relatively close to do it and ive never had a car stolen. its just out there I was referring to the start/stop button in my initial post asking this question.

Well i never heard of this amplifing technique,i must admit. Well,in that case anti-hijack function of a hi-quality alarm really comes in handy (i have that in my current car). The sistem works like this: if one door is opened,30 seconds later the alarm will start to beep (not engage,just beep) so you have to identify (something hidden,only owner knows what he needs to do). If you fail to identify,alarm goes off and shuts down the car,also you cant start it anymore (even if you have the key). This function is built mainly hijavking in mind,but would also prevent this type of theft.

Well,just for a piece of mind. Its easier to fix a few broken plastics after atempted theft then having to strugle with insurance to get your money after your car got stolen.

On 5/3/2017 at 14:36, SwissRob said:

My first factory-new car in 31 years will an S3 Combi Style 2.0 TSI 220PS, black, beige interior (=no kids!), panorama sunroof, towing hook, Canton, lots of other goodies (almost all "Assists"). 

I ordered on March 31st. My dealer confirmed it will definitely be a MY18 and delivery (wait for it!) takes between six and a half and EIGHT months. So it may be DECEMBER by the time it arrives. It's now 3rd May and he still doesn't have a manufacture date. Will check with him again on 9th May. 

Couldn't wait, so asked the dealer again: He confirms, according to current information it will be produced in week 28 (he ordered March 30th, week 13) so with delivery, papers etc. it should be delivered mid August (week 33) and not December! Only 20 weeks from order to delivery. Happy days! :-D 

He confirms also he knows of no online tracking tool.

(Car is a well-specced Superb III Estate 2.0 TSI 220 PS, DSG6, Style, Magic Black, Beige interior, DCC, Panorama sunroof, SIRIUS 19", KESSY with alarm, Sunset, rear power & USB socket, heated front screen, Leather, Steering wheel with paddles, ACC, LED pack, Traffic sign recognition, Canton, trailer hitch, electric passenger seat, heated washer nozzles, Reversing camera, Smartgate, Heated front & rear seats, Waste bin, Rear seat release from boot, Virtual Pedal, Park Assist, Dynamic Light Assist, Lane Assist, Blind Spot Detection, semi automatic bootspace cover. COLUMBUS Nav/Infotainment (now firmly expect new 9.2" screen) electric adjustable front seats, Memory function, electrical lumbar support adjustment, Climatronic 3-zone, variable load floor.)

I just received some more info from the dealer. Even though the black headlining is not yet on the configurator, it will be an option on L&K (and L&K only).

1 minute ago, kriva said:

I just received some more info from the dealer. Even though the black headlining is not yet on the configurator, it will be an option on L&K (and L&K only).

If you go with the sportline you will get it as standard. And those sportline seats are mighty comfortable (as a 6'4" i find standard leather seats a bit small).