Superb MY18 news - when?

18 hours ago, fiki said:

Mine is not fluah because it is not 9 inch columbus,it is 8 inch sistem. 

AC controls are now glossy plastic,looks much nicer than before,but probably will pick up much more fingerprints.

You get the same in new Octavia face lift and these glossy buttons are horrible, look like cheap china crap design.

On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 18:47, fiki said:

It looks everything but aftermarket. Actually i like that it looks so slick,flat piece of glass with illuminated buttons,very nicely integrated. I can see why you can dislike it,but it really doesn't look oit of place,like for example that thing in c class.

Seeing it in the flesh as you have I expect it to look the part, pics don't always do things justice they deserve

cant wait to get mine:)

• Like 1

On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 20:55, fiki said:

He is right. It is same as mine,just doesn't have knobs,all touch

Which S3 have you had mate ?

7 minutes ago, kezwald said:

Which S3 have you had mate ?

I posted a picture. It is 190 dsg 4x4 sportline in perlefect black. It arrived at the dealer,after about 2 months after order. I still haven't taken delivery,but i have seen the car in person.

In my country Columbus doesn't come as standard with sportline,so i have 8 inch infotainment with no physical buttons and those AC buttons dont look cheap to me,i quite like them.

Edited by fiki
  • Like 3

Delighted for you @SwissRob, as they say in Ireland "Well Wear". I hope the lead times have reduced since, don't fancy taking delivery in September/October. Dealer said 6 to 8 weeks but going by whats on here seems more like 12weeks.

Hopefully i am taking delivery tomorrow :biggrin:

I turned on the nav screen when i saw the car,i was quite blown away by the resolution,it is really good,like a smartphone,no trace of pixels(like exchample 6.5" that used to go in the superb).

27 minutes ago, MaddicIrl said:

Delighted for you @SwissRob, as they say in Ireland "Well Wear". I hope the lead times have reduced since, don't fancy taking delivery in September/October. Dealer said 6 to 8 weeks but going by whats on here seems more like 12weeks.

When did you order? I ordered the end of May and was told 12 weeks. Got a week 30 build date. 

Thanks @fiki! Columbus is not standard on the Sportline here either so had to upgrade to the Amudsen to get the Traffic assist camera so goodies could be activated later with VCDS. Apparently, in Ireland we need parking sensors more than navigation! :blink:

2 minutes ago, EoinM said:

When did you order? I ordered the end of May and was told 12 weeks. Got a week 30 build date. 

I thought the dealer ordered two weeks ago, I rang today to confirm the colour to be told he will put the order in now! Two weeks ago, he expected delivery mid august!

3 minutes ago, MaddicIrl said:

I thought the dealer ordered two weeks ago, I rang today to confirm the colour to be told he will put the order in now! Two weeks ago, he expected delivery mid august!

I was told it would be about 12 weeks, so about 7 weeks from now to arrive which would have had it around the middle to end or August. He mentioned that the build week might get brought forward as it had happened a few of his orders lately but will need to see. I'd ask for the comm number from them and call VW Ireland customer service and they'll give you an update - they don't have any issue getting the info. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MaddicIrl said:

Hi @fiki, great news, how long were you waiting? Which system is in yours?

I even got heated seats,but no sat nav(i would spec it,but forgot)...

I ordered in last days of april,car arrived a week ago. So something under 60 days i think.

21 minutes ago, EoinM said:

I ordered on March 30th and was told week 28 for the build. Now it's week 26 and it's already built. The dealer said it would be ready to deliver end of July but I'll be on holiday, so will collect about 1st week of August. 

Can't wait! :)

Edited by SwissRob
Added "can't wait!"
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, EoinM said:

I was told it would be about 12 weeks, so about 7 weeks from now to arrive which would have had it around the middle to end or August. He mentioned that the build week might get brought forward as it had happened a few of his orders lately but will need to see. I'd ask for the comm number from them and call VW Ireland customer service and they'll give you an update - they don't have any issue getting the info. 

Thanks @EoinM for the info, I am hoping that the factory is a little quieter than earlier in the year (natural fall off). What did you order?

46 minutes ago, fiki said:

I even got heated seats,but no sat nav(i would spec it,but forgot)...

I ordered in last days of april,car arrived a week ago. So something under 60 days i think.

Thats encouraging @fiki, I have an event at the end of Aug and would love to have it by then. I have to admit I was quite anal with the details, spec'd the car at least 10 times on the config, its so easy to miss something.

Well i didn't even open configurator,i went to the dealer,they gave me some paper with extremly small letters to choose equipment from,and i forgot to add navi (as it is standard on style(it is cheaper than sportline) i thought it is standard on sportline too,but turns out it isn't).

Only thing i had my doubts was should i go for 280 or 190(both dsg 4x4) because they cost the same,but chose diesel as my 18yo son is going to borrow it from time to time,and i wasn't ready to give him that kind of power. And i'm pretty sure 190 has sufficient go.

8 minutes ago, MaddicIrl said:

Thanks @EoinM for the info, I am hoping that the factory is a little quieter than earlier in the year (natural fall off). What did you order?

Thats encouraging @fiki, I have an event at the end of Aug and would love to have it by then. I have to admit I was quite anal with the details, spec'd the car at least 10 times on the config, its so easy to miss something.

The factory closes for two weeks at the end of July so getting in before that would help a lot. Press the dealer to make sure it does. Went for a 190 sportline combi in the end with amunsden, dynamic steering, amunsden and 19s. 

Oh,i forgot to mention this:

Extra cost of Vega 19" is around 1000 euros(outrageos as car is standard with 18s,so it is just inch difference). But those wheels are something that makes sportline stand out from the crowd. In the end i found out i can get those Vega 19s as spare part for that price,which means i am left with "free" 18s for my winter set.

I would have paid up to 500e for them as opt extra(for other 19s price is 400 euros) but 1000 is too much.

1 hour ago, EoinM said:

The factory closes for two weeks at the end of July so getting in before that would help a lot. Press the dealer to make sure it does. Went for a 190 sportline combi in the end with amunsden, dynamic steering, amunsden and 19s. 

That is great information EoinM thanks! I will certainly put the push on. Your spec sounds near identical to mine except hatch.

54 minutes ago, fiki said:

Oh,i forgot to mention this:

Extra cost of Vega 19" is around 1000 euros(outrageos as car is standard with 18s,so it is just inch difference). But those wheels are something that makes sportline stand out from the crowd. In the end i found out i can get those Vega 19s as spare part for that price,which means i am left with "free" 18s for my winter set.

I would have paid up to 500e for them as opt extra(for other 19s price is 400 euros) but 1000 is too much.

€1000 is outrageous as an extra! Not standard here either but approx. €500 extra, a must have on the sport line Imo, don't require winter tyres here but the 18" do make a nice winter wheel though!

Edited by MaddicIrl

That 18" black zenith wheel is nice even as a summer tyre (looks much better than ordinary zenith 18) but vega 19s are one of the best looking wheels that i have ever seen,so i will deffinetly get them soon. 

Because it is so outrageusly expensive dealer told me they only shipped 2 cars with them(and less than 10 sportlines). And all skoda cars in my city (which is biggest by far in my country) go through that dealer. So it should be "exotic" :biggrin: among all other superbs that look the same.

6 hours ago, fiki said:

i forgot to add navi

don't worry about that,
any built in Nav system can't be compared to such online systems as Waze, Google Map, Here etc.

and position of built in screen is lot less optimal for driving safety
than >=5" smartphone on the dashboard