First Service VCDS rest

Hi guys, im looking at putting my 2016 vrs in for its first service in a couple of weeks. I have read on a few threads that if you have had any mods done through VCDS that skoda will reset back to factory if they do any updates so you will lose all the changes thats been made. Can anyone confirm if this is true? Has anyone had there car in without this happening?

Thanks.

Nothing should go missing, you might just need to go back into the settings on the radio and turn them back on again.

If you have high beem assist if you turn the lights off Auto you will have to turn it back on via the indicator stalk, i.e- push it away from you. The garage might do it to check the lights.

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

52 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Nothing should go missing, you might just need to go back into the settings on the radio and turn them back on again.

If you have high beem assist if you turn the lights off Auto you will have to turn it back on via the indicator stalk, i.e- push it away from you. The garage might do it to check the lights.

Are these mods like the auto lights something anyone with a VRS can do?

Yep, have a look in my Signature, the red writing is standard from the factory apart from the winter wheels, she arrived with 19" gloss black extreme wheels, the black writing is all activated via VCDS. Your Vrs will have came with auto lights.

A lot of the things I've had done are cost options from the factory.

Edited by Auric Goldfinger
  • Like 1

One. Small observation, I've changed my indicators. And led drls to flash alternately out of phase as it were. At the last service it was reported as a fault and they said they had spent nearly an hour trying to locate the problem but couldnt find one. They were somewhat surprised when I told them id programmed them that way. All my adaptations remained in place after the service 

Just now, johnrowley said:

One. Small observation, I've changed my indicators. And led drls to flash alternately out of phase as it were. At the last service it was reported as a fault and they said they had spent nearly an hour trying to locate the problem but couldnt find one. They were somewhat surprised when I told them id programmed them that way. All my adaptations remained in place after the service 

I had that on my 63 plate Vrs but on my 66 plate 230 I have the DRL's dim to 25% whilst indicating. If you dim them to less than 20% I dont think they light up.  Looks Cool, Looks looks an Audi  :giggle:

Oh...........hang on :wink:  Audi's don't indicate, looks like a Skoda.............:rock:

• Like 1

It's highly unlikely to be honest.

The only 3 reasons the diagnostic tester will be being used on your car are:

to scan the fault memory (mandatory on inspection service)

reset the service indicator 

carry out a software update as part of a service campaign (which requires your permission) 

Software updates don't occur anywhere as frequently as the internet would have you believe and most of the time a customers specific settings are stored by the diagnostic tester and reapplied to minimalise inconvenience. 

I can vouch for the below :)

When I was working out some of the adaptations on my first O3 I had some very weird settings at times and nothing ever got picked up on by Simpsons - but then again they didn't spot an error code for a short to earth in the dashboard illumination on a car that was their demo that they also apparently serviced and checked before selling it.

5 minutes ago, James@RRGRochdale said:

It's highly unlikely to be honest.

The only 3 reasons the diagnostic tester will be being used on your car are:

to scan the fault memory (mandatory on inspection service)

reset the service indicator 

carry out a software update as part of a service campaign (which requires your permission) 

Software updates don't occur anywhere as frequently as the internet would have you believe and most of the time a customers specific settings are stored by the diagnostic tester and reapplied to minimalise inconvenience. 

13 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Yep, have a look in my Signature, the red writing is standard from the factory apart from the winter wheels, she arrived with 19" gloss black extreme wheels, the black writing is all activated via VCDS. Your Vrs will have came with auto lights.

A lot of the things I've had done are cost options from the factory.

Any specific VCDS you downloaded or did u buy a plug in unit? Lots of extras there to be turned on!!!