Ejector Seat

KenMcD

This is a bit flippant but does anybody know where I might be able to find an ejector seat button that would fit into the bottom row of buttons, next to the tyre pressure button.   I know there are more important things in life but I have a small friend who has only just got big enough to ride in the front seat of the car and it would give him a laugh.

Just to be clear, I don't need it to WORK, just yet...

skodadash.png

Twelve quid??  Someone's 'avin' a larf!

And what exactly are those ones in the middle row supposed to represent?  Apart from "DON'T PANIC" and the banana skins, I can't make head or tail of the rest of them.

The one to the right is a weird Mickey Mouse outline, made from the mushroom guy in the Super Mario Brothers video game. The star is also from the same game.

No idea about the weird boxy thing, or the ringed planet with the hand.

Trunk Monkey is now a cultural joke reference, but originated from a series of TV adverts for... whatever it was. Subaru, I think...

Link here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trunk_Monkey

• Like 1

the planet with a hand is the logo from the newer Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy - to Thumb an intergalatic ride, i presume

the mushrooms (speed boost) bananas (nobble opponents) and star (invincibility) are all from Mario Kart - as is the "thing in a box" (it's a question mark) which is what you drive over to collect those items.

1 hour ago, Wet Kipper said:

the planet with a hand is the logo from the newer Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy - to Thumb an intergalatic ride, i presume

Clueless fools... Surely they'd know it's a towel?

• Like 2

A towel is a massively useful thing to own, but you don't use it to hitch a ride.  Ford Prefect used an electronic Sub Etha device to thumb a lift on a Vogon constructor ship* just before the Earth was demolished in order to make way for a hyperspace express route.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of towels:

A towel is about the most massively useful thing any interstellar hitchhiker can carry. For one thing it has great practical value. You can wrap it around you for warmth on the cold moons of Jaglan Beta; sunbathe on it on the marble beaches of Santraginus V; huddle beneath it for protection from the Arcturan mega-gnats as you sleep beneath the stars of Kakrafoon; use it to sail a miniraft down the slow, heavy River Moth; wet it for use in hand-to-hand combat; wrap it round your head to avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (which is such a mind-bogglingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you) - and even dry yourself off with it if it still seems clean enough.

The 25th of May is Towel Day.

* Courtesy of the Dentrassi catering crew - the the best cooks and the best drink mixers in the universe - who enjoy annoying their professionally unpleasant Vogon employers by picking up hitchhikers.

• Like 2

And,  of course,  the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy itself has the words "Don't Panic" inscribed on its cover in large friendly letters......which accounts for another of the button stickers.

(And I should know: look at my name!  and I'm Slartibartfast, Marvin and Trillian on other sites)

Edited by Zarniwoop
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ejstubbs said:

...The 25th of May is Towel Day...

1 hour ago, Zarniwoop said:

...(And I should know: look at my name!  and I'm Slartibartfast, Marvin and Trillian on other sites)

Has there never been a Briskoda Towel Day thread?! 

3 hours ago, ejstubbs said:

A towel is a massively useful thing to own, but you don't use it to hitch a ride. 

Vehicles windows almost always have up/down buttons these days, yet everyone still mimes winding a handle when asking someone to lower their window...

It's what people are most familiar with.

On 27/01/2017 at 17:34, KenMcD said:

Damn... I just clicked on that link.... now I'll be getting all sorts of "Suggestions based on your interests" emails from eBay!!