5day Old Car wont start back to the dealers!

psion121

On the second day of owning the vehicle, got up and the battery was dead, 5th day the car wont start again.

Called Skoda Support - they send the AA out (who scratched some plastic in the engine bay)  and recovered the car to the Skoda Dealer. Car now being looked at by Dealer and told a fuse has blown and are awaiting information from Skoda technical (because its a new car they are making sure they know why the fuse has blown and no other problems)

To be fair the dealers have been great and rang me to update me every couple of hours.  Hire car has come so driving a brand new polo (which I dont like) 

Watch this space (Im gutted and worried that this is the start of a load of hassle)

Edited by psion121

2 hours ago, psion121 said:

On the second day of owning the vehicle, got up and the battery was dead, 5th day the car wont start again.

Called Skoda Support - they send the AA out (who scratched some plastic in the engine bay)  and recovered the car to the Skoda Dealer. Car now being looked at by Dealer and told a fuse has blown and are awaiting information from Skoda technical (because its a new car they are making sure they know why the fuse has blown and no other problems)

To be fair the dealers have been great and rang me to update me every couple of hours.  Hire car has come so driving a brand new polo (which I dont like) 

Watch this space (Im gutted and worried that this is the start of a load of hassle)

Don't worry that this might be the start of something big and on-going. Years ago, I bought a new Fabia Mk1 and at about three weeks old, it stopped at traffic lights and wouldn't go into any gear at all....taken to the dealers, there for several days having gearbox and clutch work (can't actually remember exactly what!) and was perfectly fine and never gave any trouble for the several years that I had it. So....chill, all will be OK!

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that.... As mentioned in my thread about our new Colour Edition we had an issue on collection of our car in that we found scratches / marks on the paintwork which I believe had come from it being in a showroom for a couple of months previously. Like you say your heart drops when something like this happens so soon but as others have said don't be too disheartened. As long as the dealership sort it to your satisfaction it'll be fine.

In our case it was a case of booking it back in at the dealership a couple of weeks later for the bodyshop guys to deal with the marks which they did in a space of a couple of hours whilst I walked down the road to get some lunch.