Anyone put 1-9 tdi 150 in Mk1 fabia

ozzyboy

Thinking about putting a150 Pd in fabia bohemia 

its the 1-4 tdi.  I would want to put the six speed box in aswell 

Is it a straight forward swap

might even consider doing a 2-0 pd if it's viable 

my engine is gone and the dmf and clutch are in their last legs

99% the same engine as a Fabia VRS so yeah it will fit in the bay,but you will need to find out if the mounting points are on the shell for the engine and box :)

Could be that all mk1 Fabia shells have the same mounting points for engine and transmission,if so it will go straight in.

if its from a golf then you need to drill the block for the lower timing belt roller and swap the plastic backing late so you can use the fabia tensioner and engine mount, plastic water manifold is different on the head but fabia one fits, and the metal coolant pipe that runs around the engine from the thermostat to the heater pipe is different, 6 speed box fits but you will need the alloy mount adaptor from the fabia box, golf shafts are too long so you need vrs ones along with the vrs gear stick and cables, engine bay wiring loom and ecu, exhaust downpipe at least, thats off the top of my head anyway.

• Like 1

Why hasn't anyone said this yet:

It's a TERRIBLE idea, don't bother, it's far more trouble than it's worth, the only parts you won't need to change are the bloody bodyshell and interior, pretty much everything else is different.

A PD100 is a much better starting point, sell the 1.4 TDI and buy a PD100 with the money, remap and enjoy.

• Like 1

The 1-4 is goosed 

think I'll look for a replacement lump

does anyone know if the difference between the engine codes on the 1-4 is just the electrics. Injectors and turbo

so could I use an older type engine

mine is the 80 bhp bnv code

The 1-4 is goosed 

think I'll look for a replacement lump

does anyone know if the difference between the engine codes on the 1-4 is just the electrics. Injectors and turbo

so could I use an older type engine

mine is the 80 bhp bnv code

8 hours ago, ozzyboy said:

What I'm asking is would something like an AMS bby BWB etc get me away if the ancillaries are swapped 

BBY is a petrol engine so not really suitable without a ton of other supporting mods.

Be one of those jobs that end up costing a fortune, like more than cost of buying a car running a pd150 lump.

17 hours ago, sepulchrave said:

Why hasn't anyone said this yet:

It's a TERRIBLE idea, don't bother, it's far more trouble than it's worth, the only parts you won't need to change are the bloody bodyshell and interior, pretty much everything else is different.

A PD100 is a much better starting point, sell the 1.4 TDI and buy a PD100 with the money, remap and enjoy.

Have to agree with Sep,  The cost would runaway I reckon. End up costing more than buying a motor with a 1.9tdi lump, especially a pd150 a 6 speed box.

What you need is my mates seat leon FR tdi with knackered turbo and gearbox, something like that would be better suited as that engine n box you can get hold of would drop straight in ( always good to have spare engine ).

in fairness what you could do is keep your transmission, fit a 5 speed flywheel to your pd150 engine and it will work with your car, obv some wiring to sort for the loom and immob to get around but thats easy. I'm using the 5 speed in my tdi rally car as it's much lighter and more compact.