Questions about the 2017 SEL model

11gtollman

Hi Everyone,

All being well I will be taking delivery of my new citigo towards the middle of march (so will be a 17 plate), and I just have a couple of questions about it if anyone can help me. 

Firstly, how well does the move and fun app work? I've seen pretty mixed reviews on it. If I was to use the sat nav feature (which is likely), will it use my phones data (3/4g) or not?

secondly, I've gone for rear parking sensors as an option. When being used, do these only beap, or is there a radar-type thing shown on either the little radio screen or through the move and fun app?

thirdly, do I even need the app at all? I know it shows data such as MPG, how to drive more efficiently etc, but are there any dials/ screens in the car which would allow me to see these. This would mean I would be able to use a good sat nav app such as Waze, rather than the move and fun app which doesn't seem to be great. 

Fourth, does the SEL model come with the green tech technology as standard? I'll have the 75ps engine, and looking in the brouchere it says it is green tech, but I don't remember the sales dealer saying anything about it when purchasing. If it is green tech, I assume if will have start/stop technology?

thanks in advance for your help! 

Hi,

I collected by SEL last week.  The parking sensors come as standard?

There is a picture in the radio screen, with bars that light up as you get close to an obstacle, moving from amber to red.  The beeping tone also changes.

Yes, all SEL come with stop-start etc. (IIRC)  I average over 65mpg in my old Elegance (60ps) with the tech (Fuelly), so expect similar for this one also.

The app is OK but not as good as the PID in my old Citigo.

11 hours ago, 11gtollman said:

thirdly, do I even need the app at all? I know it shows data such as MPG, how to drive more efficiently etc, but are there any dials/ screens in the car which would allow me to see these. This would mean I would be able to use a good sat nav app such as Waze, rather than the move and fun app which doesn't seem to be great. 

To be honest when I first got my new Colour Edition, I downloaded the app and used it a couple of times for the MPG data etc, but after that the novelty of it wore off. I now have Waze installed on my phone for the SatNav and as you probably know it's brilliant.

5 minutes ago, ncd said:

To be honest when I first got my new Colour Edition, I downloaded the app and used it a couple of times for the MPG data etc, but after that the novelty of it wore off. I now have Waze installed on my phone for the SatNav and as you probably know it's brilliant.

Thanks for your reply. So do you not use the app at all now? Is there an instrument inside the car which tells you your mpg?

2 hours ago, RobA said:

Hi,

There is a picture in the radio screen, with bars that light up as you get close to an obstacle, moving from amber to red.  The beeping tone also changes.

Yes, all SEL come with stop-start etc. (IIRC)  I average over 65mpg in my old Elegance (60ps) with the tech (Fuelly), so expect similar for this one also.

Ok thanks! I was hoping there would be, but it wouldn't have been the end of the world if there wasn't a radar type display showing. 

Yes I was disappointed to hear that they had done away with the PID. It was one of the attractive features in the car for me. Hey ho. I suppose a little phone holder is much cheaper to manufacture, and you wouldn't need any licenses for it

1 hour ago, 11gtollman said:

Thanks for your reply. So do you not use the app at all now? Is there an instrument inside the car which tells you your mpg?

I didn't get a chance to use the car over the weekend as I was cleaning it Saturday and the wife wanted it on Sunday (Grrr...:D), but when I have used the car over the last week, I haven't really bothered with the app as it has a bug in it which means it won't show anything more than 49.9mpg for your trip (there is a few threads about this). There is no instrument or display in the car that shows the MPG, not sure why Skoda/VW couldn't of included it in where the odometer is.

On 2/6/2017 at 08:01, RobA said:

Hi,

Hi - I have a 5 Dr 2017 SE L on order in Black and have some questions similar to above as the web does not actually show the actual dash etc.

I have only ordered the spare wheel and paint as options - and am thinking I should have  added in a few more options - but its a bit late now I think.. Build is week 10 - so hopefully get it before the VED Tax rise.

Can anyone post some pics of the inside of the SE L - Overall dash - center console - radio unit and AC Unit (powered) and stalks and clocks?

The downloadable Owners manual suggests it comes with the trip computer - with controls on the wiper arm - does it - or was this included with the cruise extra?

What finish is the dash panel? Some seems to be Glossy - some Flat - some grainy.

Does the Move App work well with an Iphone? or does it still have bugs.

I was hoping the old units could be retrofitted - but sounds like they have changed the wiring in the mounting point.

Thanks for your help in advance.

• 11 months later...

Hi SimonAudi, and hope that this Post isn't too late to be of assistance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I take delivery of a new SE-L later this week.    I opted for the 60PS, rather than the SE-L 75PS that I have at the moment, as the extra horses (IMHO) don't make one iota of difference.    I had a cursory look at the new car - I say "cursory" because it was piddling down with rain at the time, & I didn't have the wild & somewhat OTT enthusiasm of the Salesman to get wet whilst I looked at just another Citigo.

From what I could see, the changes over my current car weren't anything to get overly-effusive about:  now comes fitted with 3 x parking sensors (I shelled out £80 to have 4 rps's privately fitted to my current car:  the wheels are obviously larger of course, but looked well enough on the bog-standard Alloys fitted by Mr (or Mrs) Skoda, but still on Continental Eco tyres: there's now LED DRL's (whoopee?): the seats seemed to be a tad more upmarket, & of course, there's now twin headlights - although just how efficient they are, who would know (the bulbs fitted to the 2015 model possibly (I say "possibly" were a tad - just a tad better than having stumps of candles) & the Dash now seemed to be a sorta shiny plastic one.   The PID has gone (unfortunately) & together with it, has the Trip Computer.  I bought this Tonka Toy as it was (already sitting waiting for a boat in Emdem) otherwise I would have specified the package with the Trip Computer, although I would have had to waited some minimum 3 months for it to be delivered.  

So, I take delivery later this week, & will perhaps take a more in-depth look at it when I arrive chez nous.  But IMHO, a Citigo is a Citigo is a Citigo - cracking little cars, & I must state that my current one didn't put a foot (or even 30cms) wrong in the 2 1/2 years that I had it.

Watch this space...............................

Edited by Michaelski

20 hours ago, Michaelski said:

Hi SimonAudi, and hope that this Post isn't too late to be of assistance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I take delivery of a new SE-L later this week.    I opted for the 60PS, rather than the SE-L 75PS that I have at the moment, as the extra horses (IMHO) don't make one iota of difference.    I had a cursory look at the new car - I say "cursory" because it was piddling 

So, I take delivery later this week, & will perhaps take a more in-depth look at it when I arrive chez nous.  But IMHO, a Citigo is a Citigo is a Citigo - cracking little cars, & I must state that my current one didn't put a foot (or even 30cms) wrong in the 2 1/2 years that I had it.

Watch this space...............................

Following on from another strand i would be really interested to know if you get the 3 dial dash with fuel guage and rev counter as per brochure or the single dial which Skoda UK say comes with all trim levels without spec'ed trip computer (as now shown on the configurator). My SE L is build week 7 so should see it in March.

Sorry scr64, I really don't know.  As I said in a previous Post, I didn't really take all that much notice of it - the Salesman may have been ( in fact was) wetting himself with excitement when he insisted that I go out in the drizzling rain & have a lap of honour of my new purchase, but I couldn't summon up the same degree of enthusiasm, so my look at it was somewhat cursory.    If I had to commit myself, I would have said that the new Tonka Toy had the exact same 3 dial dash (possibly a tad larger) as my current car, but I wouldn't stake my life on it - although as the PID had a "repeater" section for the Rev Counter & also showed the Temp Gauge, I reckon that . 

I did notice that the Dash seemed to have been improved (now a sorta two-tone glossy plasticy gubbins at the bottom, & the Salesman was indeed waffling on about the seats having been improved - but I was getting too wet to listen.

All that I can tell you, is that (as I'd ordered a car that was en route in Emden, so didn't have any say in the options) the bog-standard Alloys that had been fitted, looked extremely good, and I wasn't in the least let down by not being able to stipulate the black Alloys that were on a Colour Edition & which was sitting in the show room.     There ain't not no PID or CD though, I can tell you that, so I'm going to have to shell out for a new sat nav, & possibly even a CD player which will plug into the ciggie lighter?  I/m due to pick up the new Dodgem Car on Thurs, so I'll be having a slightly more in-depth look at it then.   Oh, would it be that I could get as excited as the Salesman?

• 1 month later...

My 2017 came with 3 dials - but that was a 17 model not an 18 model  which is in current build - my post was a year ago...

The trip computer was an option which I did not get (that was a mistake - I should have specked more) - but you get something on the phone app..

Its my wife's car - I now have a last version Yeti

She has had 0 trouble with it - only does short runs and gets 45 to 50 to gallon (2 to 3 miles each way) - just coming to 4800 miles - so will see 5000 by the time its a year old in a month.

She loves it..  also me .. I liked it and drove it for a while in preference to the mini countryman I had while waiting my Yeti... really nice drive for a small car ... not fast but not much is compared to bikes..

See my remarks in the 'binnacle' thread re trying hard to get a trip computer fitted at the factory to my wife's order of a new SE L Citigo,

It's been an awful experience up to now with not even Skoda themselves knowing if we can have it or not.

Edited by RickW