Extending PCH Deal at End of Term

Citigopher

1 minute ago, MarieK said:

Can anyone tell me do they inspect and collect your returning car on the same day, or is it inspection and then collection later?

I'm a month early trying to arrange termination as my VW T Roc has arrived in UK, just wondering what the process is 

Is it from VWFS?

Look at their website, it’s inspected by BCA when they pick it up

"Contract Hire - We will contact you 4 months before the end of your contract to advise you that the agreement is coming to an end. Our agents BCA will then contact you to arrange a convenient time to inspect and collect the vehicle. "

https://myvwfinance.vwfs.co.uk/customer-portal/en/public/faq

I had to wait 3 weeks from ringing BCA up to get a date for "inspection and collection". 

Yes same day the driver spent about 30 mins inspecting the car doing the paperwork - or rather tablet work - and then driving off in it.

Was surprised how low the "repair" quote for scratches etc was. 

Arrange early termination as soon as you are can , when you ring BCA up you can arrange suitable date for collection.

I foolishly waited till I was certain car was at dealers before terminating which took a few days to process and then 3 weeks to wait for BCA .

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Scottie1979 said:

Well I’m puzzled as I have just had a quote to buy my 1.4 L&K 25k miles 3 years old for £14,900  I had received a quote in November for £14,200!! 
what a joke!  

Skoda must really want your car back due to huge demand for £16,500 (retail price) 3 year old L & K Yeti's.:tongueout:

I will have to make a decision as to whether to pay the ballon payment at the end of the lease next xmas, and keep my car.

I have a highly specced SEL drive with a lot of extras, so wonder what the retail value will be then when 3.5 years old. It will be well under agreed mileage of 52k by about 6k as well as circumstances have changed and I am not driving as much for work. Cost to keep is fixed at £9.5k?

3 hours ago, kenfowler3966 said:

I will have to make a decision as to whether to pay the ballon payment at the end of the lease next xmas, and keep my car.

I have a highly specced SEL drive with a lot of extras, so wonder what the retail value will be then when 3.5 years old. It will be well under agreed mileage of 52k by about 6k as well as circumstances have changed and I am not driving as much for work. Cost to keep is fixed at £9.5k?

Problem is if you did hand it back what would you replace it with that matched the spec and abilities of your current Yeti?

17 hours ago, Expatman said:

Problem is if you did hand it back what would you replace it with that matched the spec and abilities of your current Yeti?

I do fancy the new defender 90" which will be available later this year. I actually passed one near Coventry a couple of weeks ago, must have been out doing testing before final release and starting to build for sale. Looked like a Yeti, which had been got at by boy racer with straight back, widened wheel arches etc. But so expensive......, and I would think very tempting to steal and ship abroad.

Nothing else really appeals...?

Edited by kenfowler3966

4 hours ago, kenfowler3966 said:

Nothing else really appeals...?

I know what you mean. Specced up a Kamiq to match that of my SEL Drive and it came to almost £30k, and that’s a ridiculous amount of money for a jacked up hatchback. Best I could come up with is a Volvo XC40 which comes in at about £30k for standard version or £33k for fairly well equipped version.

I will look at new 2008 when available and the new Ford Puma but both seem to have a low driving position and my wife needs a step-in seat rather than a step-down seat because of back problems. Alternatively maybe look at a Kia Niro PHEV for £30k - have to try the seats however. I’ve got 12 months to work it out or decide to keep my Yeti for a few more years.

Sat in the Kamiq, but felt like getting down into the car after the yeti, and 2wd only. Ruled it out

Thought seriously about the Karoq and specced up a 1.5 petrol and even enquired on Carwow before realising that only the diesels were 4wd.. whoops.

I think they were coming in at £36k with a reasonable spec as well.

On 29/01/2020 at 10:28, Scottie1979 said:

Well I’m puzzled as I have just had a quote to buy my 1.4 L&K 25k miles 3 years old for £14,900  I had received a quote in November for £14,200!! 
what a joke!  

😂 I emailed them back to question this and got a reply today with a new quote for £14,600 and the explanation below (which is daft). I have never known modern car to go up in value as it gets older and has more miles!? WBAC is offering £12,800 (to give some perspective) and some of the other offers i see people have had on here for similar make this offer and reasoning sound daft. Anyway my rant over...

VWFS update their pricing on a weekly basis to reflect market trends, therefore we see fluctuations with pricing based on market trends/supply and demand etc.

Please see attached current best offer for your vehicle. (£14,600)

Please also note the cheapest directly comparable 2016(66) vehicle on Autotrader is priced at £16,990 with 12,851 miles on the clock - https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202001276630822?postcode=sk92gh&advertising-location=at_cars&year-from=2016&sort=price-asc&fuel-type=Petrol&aggregatedTrim=Laurin%20%26%20Klement&radius=1500&make=SKODA&maximum-mileage=25000&model=YETI&transmission=Manual&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&year-to=2016&page=1

Got my Yeti valeted yesterday and it's looking in excellent condition, just one wee stone chip on bonnet which is not bad for a near 3 yr old car.

Still waiting for BCA so may need another wash before that, but I'm guessing a dealer will purchase at auction and make a tidy profit on a lovely car 

10 hours ago, Scottie1979 said:

😂 I emailed them back to question this and got a reply today with a new quote for £14,600 and the explanation below (which is daft). I have never known modern car to go up in value as it gets older and has more miles!? WBAC is offering £12,800 (to give some perspective) and some of the other offers i see people have had on here for similar make this offer and reasoning sound daft. Anyway my rant over...

VWFS update their pricing on a weekly basis to reflect market trends, therefore we see fluctuations with pricing based on market trends/supply and demand etc.

Please see attached current best offer for your vehicle. (£14,600)

Please also note the cheapest directly comparable 2016(66) vehicle on Autotrader is priced at £16,990 with 12,851 miles on the clock - https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202001276630822?postcode=sk92gh&advertising-location=at_cars&year-from=2016&sort=price-asc&fuel-type=Petrol&aggregatedTrim=Laurin%20%26%20Klement&radius=1500&make=SKODA&maximum-mileage=25000&model=YETI&transmission=Manual&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&year-to=2016&page=1

Amazing that's my old vehicle.

What the advert doesnt say is that it has detachable towbar & spare wheel

Near end of 2 year lease (Oct 2018) price to buy was £17400 which I considered too high.  End of 3 year lease Dec 2019 price to buy £13900.

Edited by rarrar
extra info

Yeti prices do seem to be at a premium at the mo.

I have a (late..Dec) 2015 1.4 LK which I thought about changing for a newer 1.2 SEL Drive Auto, but I have been offered £11.5k (WBAC), and I have seen run out SEL Drives advertised at over £16K!!

Mine is low mileage (21k), 4wd and pretty much mint, so I will either keep it a little longer or for the sake of an extra couple of grand I can get a brand new decent spec Vitara which will at least benefit from a 3 yr warranty....

...a couple of months ago WBAC offered me £11,500, a month later it had risen to £11,750, and just updated it and now being offered £11,850!.....if this carries on I am assuming by the end of the year I will get back what I paid for it ... :)   ....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I got a valuation from them just for interest, they keep sending me texts saying its now worth more, would be more honest to say "we will offer you more because you were not desperate enough to accept our first offer"

I'm sure that however much extra they have to add to get you to agree they will find a way to deduct for damages, condition etc.

Edited by J.R.

WBAC know the price every vehicle is achieving going through BCA (British Car Auctions) which they own. (or on paper the other way round and BCA own WBAC)

Also what they are getting for cars they sell in their Car Supermarkets.

Any other dealer / seller can see the Asking Prices and if cars are selling then ask similar.

As it is many car dealers buy their stock at BCA and are using the finance from BCA to buy in their used cars.

Edited by Roottootemblowinootsoot

..must admit when I was looking for one they were /(are), very few and far between. I only wanted one as I was contemplating towing a larger caravan and did not want a diesel as doing lower annual mileage and concerned about al the DPF problems. So far have been really pleased with it, (had 3 Octavias before), particularly the 1.4 TSI engine which is smooth quite and relatively economical for an AWD.

My problem, as per many others is when the time comes what to get next? Current favourite is a Vitara. (2wd/4wd auto or manual?)

3 hours ago, MarieK said:

If you have a new car but BCA still haven't collected the pch car, what do you do about insurance for both cars during the overlap?

You have to keep the car insured till collection !

But you dont have to pay any lease charges from termination to collection and you still have  use of the vehicle.

I didnt take collection of my new vehicle till day after collection to avoid insurance issues and parking issues.

11 minutes ago, rarrar said:

You have to keep the car insured till collection !

But you dont have to pay any lease charges from termination to collection and you still have  use of the vehicle.

I didnt take collection of my new vehicle till day after collection to avoid insurance issues and parking issues.

I've got parking space on my drive but I will have both cars for a couple of weeks maybe. New car is coming on Thursday and still waiting for BCA.

I know I have to insure both, just wondered the best way to do it. I'll contact my insurer tomorrow as I hope to know more re. BCA by then