Aftermarket radio in late MK. 2 Superb

I'm  in the process of changing from a 2011 Superb 1.8 TSI to a 2014 Superb TDI Estate. (Both Elegance trim).

Although advertised as having a DAB Columbus, I've actually realised (in hindsight) that it has an aftermarket radio with a dash mounted antenna. I can only assume that the Columbus was stolen and the replacement is only FM. (Presumably the DAB antenna on the roof isn't compatible). It looks vaguely Columbus-ish and at first I just thought the layout had been refined.  The only radio that as an even similar screen menu that I could find on Google was from Ali Baba in China...

What the radio does do is appear to integrate with the car, front and rear sensors show up on the display, even when in neutral. The car doesn't have a front sensor button on the console top right though, the only difference with the old car is stop/start third left. So are the sensors fitted regardless?

I'm not overly fussed about not having a Columbus as they are a liability at present, I had my old one broken into and stolen back in October. I'm  bemused about the sensors though, I might learn to hate them being on all the time.

Opinions welcome.

886b8a4d-5999-435e-80d1-6d80f2e26ebf.jpg

Edited by delicolor
Typo

I can confirm that You are correct that it is from China. I have the same unit fitted in a Dodge Ram SRT-10 that replaced the original outdated unit.Mine works ok but I did need to buy an aerial booster/amplifier to get good radio (FM) reception. Mine does not link with sensors but you can fit a rear view camera in it which does work very well if ,indeed, you need one.

If the dealer you bought it from advertised the car as having the DAB Columbus, they may be on the hook for putting one in there.

Regarding the parking sensors, from looking at the facelift cars on Autotrader compared to the original car it seems in the UK the front sensors were dropped from the Elegance spec and the heated windscreen added instead. They're easy enough to spot on the front bumper if they're fitted.

No doubt the dealer has an "E&OE" caveat on their website.

The car definitely has front and rear sensors as I watched them show up on the screen in sequence when the salesman walked back to the car after going to get trade plates.

Anyway, I'm picking up the car shortly so will be able to clarify this all later on.