throttle body removal

sdc46

9 minutes ago, sdc46 said:

ok thanks for that how much are the gaskets

My gasket was about £4. Part number 036133161C. The old gasket was the paper type but the new one was aluminium.

Hello guys, I write to you all from Romania I just want to say that this forum helped and still helps me a lot. I want to ask you, after you clean the throttle body do you need to re-adapt the throttle with VCDS sofware? Because I want to clean it and if I need to re-adapt it I don't have the software to do that.

3 hours ago, wizard24 said:

Hello guys, I write to you all from Romania I just want to say that this forum helped and still helps me a lot. I want to ask you, after you clean the throttle body do you need to re-adapt the throttle with VCDS sofware? Because I want to clean it and if I need to re-adapt it I don't have the software to do that.

I didn't have to re-adapt mine but I was careful not to move the butterfly plate. Maybe I was just lucky but it worked perfectly when I put it back on the car.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TMB said:

I didn't have to re-adapt mine but I was careful not to move the butterfly plate. Maybe I was just lucky but it worked perfectly when I put it back on the car.

For mine BBZ engine I took TB off, cleaned (with moving of butterfly- it's only possibility to clean edges of it), re-installed without adaptation- works fine.

That greatly helped to solve issue with RPM's, hanging from time to time after releasing of acc.pedal.

BBZ have no gasket but some green rubber rectangular ring which still looked perfect after 10 years.Capture.JPG

• Like 1

Another question, before I begin, it's ok if took of the positive from the battery(or i don't need to do this..) i'm asking this in hope that i can prevent a fault system error on the dashboard?

34 minutes ago, wizard24 said:

Another question, before I begin, it's ok if took of the positive from the battery(or i don't need to do this..) i'm asking this in hope that i can prevent a fault system error on the dashboard?

Better take it off indeed- but NEGATIVE terminal. That's general rule.

Idea: if you take off only "+", you still have possibility to make short circuit when accidently touching with spanner "+" terminal on battery and vehicle body alias "-".

• Like 2

• 4 years later...

The green ring is what (and all) it should have on your car.

If the TB has been removed, it is possible that it's not been put back properly and is now leaking past the ring. There are two locating pegs that go into holes in the alloy of the TB. These holes can furr up with oxide over time making the TB hard to remove and hard to replace properly. Cleaning this oxide away so the locating pegs fit in easily is the answer.

Make sure the four mounting screws go back into the original threads in the plastic too, by turning them anticlockwise until they drop into the existing thread, then doing them up.

Edited by Wino

Ok thanks im having a problem with my Skoda fabia it runs rough and stalls i changed all coils and spark plugs cleaned throttle body and fuel injectors it all started 5 days after i changed the egr vavle for a new one i checked it and it works perfectly but when i disconnect the egr it runs rough but don't stall what you think it can be 

20 hours ago, Wino said:

Find the nearest VCDS owner who preferably has experience of similar engines to yours.

UPDATE 

I cleaned egr vavle, egr pipe and throttle body with carb cleaner left it over night put it all back together today and its working perfectly now took it for a drive for 20 mins no problems at all hope it stays running Thanks for all your help

• Like 1

Thanks and yea it does :biggrin: everyone was saying sell it but i never give up and i never took any of my cars to the garage as there is alot of info out there now days it be stupid not to do it myself and save alot of money Thanks for all your help