VCDS owners MAP

Gizmo

THIS THREAD IS NOT A “CAN ANYBODY IN **** HELP” THREAD

For those of you needing some help from a VCDS owner and are not too hot on geography, I have compiled a VCDS Owners Map with owners rough location, so it should be easier to find someone local to you.

RED markers are Moderators / Admin

PINK Honoury, 

GREEN Freedom members,

PURPLE are Briskoda sponsors 

BLUE markers are std Briskoda members.

Most of the members in RED PINK & GREEN will tend to be more frequent users of the forum and VCDS, however there are also some std BLUE members who are a dab hand with VCDS,

As a sponsor the PURPLE markers are likely to have a fixed price scheme for coding and scans.

It is always a good idea to look at the owners profile to see if they are still active on here before sending them a PM (Personal Message), if they have not visited the forum for several months then it is unlikely they will read your PM.

However there are also a couple of Freedom members who have not visited Briskoda for several months, this is why it is important to see when they were last online.

DSC01268-Copy.jpg

As you can see the above owner will unlikely reply to you since he has not logged onto Briskoda for nearly 20 months.

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

For those of you needing some help from a VCDS owner and are not too hot on geography, I have compiled a VCDS Owners Map with owners rough location, so it should be easier to find someone local to you.

The GREEN markers are Moderators, Honoury & Freedom members, PURPLE are Briskoda sponsors and BLUE markers are std Briskoda members.

Some of the members in GREEN will be more frequent users of the forum and VCDS, however there are also some non Freedom members who are a dab hand with VCDS,

It is always a good idea to look at the owners profile to see if they are still active on here before sending them a PM (Personal Message), if they have not visited the forum for several months then it is unlikely they will read your PM.

However there are also a couple of Freedom members who have not visited Briskoda for several months, this is why it is important to see when they were last online.

DSC01268-Copy.jpg

As you can see the above owner will unlikely reply to you since he has not logged onto Briskoda for nearly 20 months.

Nice one Gizmo. BTW, and im not bothered but... Im a freedom member. can you post a link to the list of owners, i need to update my version and can't find it.

Thanks I have updated to map so you are now green, i have to manually check when people become freedom members or let it expire so there is always the potential for it being a few months out of date as I only do it every 3 months or so.

The list is here

• 3 weeks later...

The map can only be as accurate as the info given to me!

Give me a more accurate location and I can update it.

(Google chooses the most central part of the location put in)

• 1 month later...

Great resource Gizmo, thanks. Purely as an interesting point, I live in the Harrow/Watford area, and given the generally high population density around me, I must live in one of the biggest VCDS owner blackspots! :-)  (based on a number of VCDS owners per 100,000 population" idea).

I see plenty of VW/Audi/Skoda cars around but obviously not too many home mechanics! May have to purchase one myself.

• 1 month later...

Done for you.

To All member please remember the map can only be as accurate as the info you give me,

So for example, in mushtafa’s case if all i have to go on is ‘West sussex’ then google maps will decide on your location.

(not a dig at mushtafa)

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Can I remind people that the best way to get help is to:

sending them a PM (Personal Message), if they have not visited the forum for several months then it is unlikely they will read your PM.

I will be tidying this thread up shortly and removing the help requests (as posting in this thread is not the best way to grab VCDS owners attention)

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...

What does one have to do to get on the map?

Do you need to have the unlimited VIN version or can someone with only the facility of scanning and clearing fault codes but not recoding/adaptation etc still offer their services?

France is looking like a desert!!!

• 7 months later...

Hi. Is this still up to date ?

im looking at a few settings to be added / changed (maybe so I can adjust using bolero) but once I click on a user I can’t work out how to then PM them. 

I live in N Kent so was looking at Delcac. 

Thanks 

• 1 month later...
On 21/09/2019 at 14:46, KevP said:

Hi. Is this still up to date ?

im looking at a few settings to be added / changed (maybe so I can adjust using bolero) but once I click on a user I can’t work out how to then PM them. 

I live in N Kent so was looking at Delcac. 

Thanks 

Sorry, I missed this.

Yes it’s pretty up to date.

If you want to contact a member for help with VCDS please either hover over their username, a window will appear with “Message” either click on this or click on their username and the hyper-link will take you to their profile, from there you can send them a PM.
Before you send a message look at the ‘Last Active’ date, if the member has not visited Briskoda for several months then it will be unlikely that they will reply to your PM, in this instance try another local member.

It is also worth satisfying yourself that the VCDS owner has sufficient knowledge and experience before they make any changes to your car and what costs are involved, some will do it for free, others will ask for ‘a drink’ and there are a few that offer this as part of their job so will have a set fee.

If you are still requiring coding and @Delcac cannot do it then I'm near Folkestone.

• 3 years later...

Not sure if it counts as I don't have/use VCDS But I do have OBDEleven Pro & I'm happy to be on the map should anyone need some diagnostics/coding etc.

• 2 weeks later...