Eibach Pro Kit on VRS 230

Have any VRS 230 owners bought this kit for their car?

I almost bought a set last night until I found out that the 230 apparently sits 13mm lower than the ‘normal’ VRS as standard …
I find the suspension setup too wallowy (If that’s a word), but I just want to make sure I’m not making a massive mistake before pulling the trigger.
From what I gather I’ll only get a very slight reduction in ride height (7mm), but it’s more for overall handling.

Any help would be massively appreciated.

@stu83 - I've not bought that kit, but have been recommended VWR-spec parts for quality. Not sure how they compare to Eibach though in terms of ride quality etc.

Personally, I'm looking at putting these on mine soon http://www.racingline-performance.com/vwr-sport-springs - for 30-35mm lower ride height, with good handling - just for your info as an alternative.

Cheers, I think they may take it a little too low for me - I have to drive over a number of horrible speed bumps near work and near where I live. Had a nightmare with my previous two cars (Alfa GT / MK1 LCR), so I need to keep the ride height as usable as possible.

16 minutes ago, stu83 said:

Have any VRS 230 owners bought this kit for their car?

I almost bought a set last night until I found out that the 230 apparently sits 13mm lower than the ‘normal’ VRS as standard …
I find the suspension setup too wallowy (If that’s a word), but I just want to make sure I’m not making a massive mistake before pulling the trigger.
From what I gather I’ll only get a very slight reduction in ride height (7mm), but it’s more for overall handling.

Any help would be massively appreciated.

I thought the standard vRS and vRS 230 were both 13mm lower than the standard Octavia? I can't find any 230 spec that says its 13mm lower than the standard vRS (happy to be proven wrong) - in which case a set of Eibachs would go on nicely!

3 minutes ago, stu83 said:

Cheers, I think they may take it a little too low for me - I have to drive over a number of horrible speed bumps near work and near where I live. Had a nightmare with my previous two cars (Alfa GT / MK1 LCR), so I need to keep the ride height as usable as possible.

Ah, yes - excellent point. I think I may research custom skid-plates as I don't like what I've heard about the plastic sump on this...

Will check out your project thread for pics etc., would be interested to see how you get on.

1 minute ago, Brooksuk said:

I thought the standard vRS and vRS 230 were both 13mm lower than the standard Octavia? I can't find any 230 spec that says its 13mm lower than the standard vRS (happy to be proven wrong) - in which case a set of Eibachs would go on nicely!

You could very well be right ... I got the info from here : http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/our-cars/skoda-octavia-vrs-estate/the-vrs-230-worth-the-extra/

I assumed they meant it sat lower than the standard VRS which is why I wanted to check.

Either way it's most likely going to handle better which is what I'm after!

4 minutes ago, VRS230 said:

Let me know how you get on Stu, I'm considering the same and was pleasantly surprised you have asked all the questions I wanted to ask!

Will do! I went for part number "E10-79-010-02-22" as well if that helps - did a fair bit of research, checked the Eibach site etc, confirmed with the supplier, and that's definitely the right set.

I'm friendly with my local ATS guys ... might have a word with them actually to see if they can do a bargain fit for me ... hmmm.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, stu83 said:

Will do! I went for part number "E10-79-010-02-22" as well if that helps - did a fair bit of research, checked the Eibach site etc, confirmed with the supplier, and that's definitely the right set.

I'm friendly with my local ATS guys ... might have a word with them actually to see if they can do a bargain fit for me ... hmmm.

Make sure you also get 4 wheel alignment done after fitting. Had mine done a few weeks ago - looks and handles great!

1 minute ago, Brooksuk said:

Make sure you also get 4 wheel alignment done after fitting. Had mine done a few weeks ago - looks and handles great!

Ah yeah, of course ... I think it's going to have to wait until after payday (middle of next month), looking forward to it B)

I had a Neuspeed on my MK2. Other brands are available - Eibach/VWR/034 Motorsport/Whiteline/H&R/ST etc.

Mine was adjustable - three different bolt holes at each end IIRC, meaning you could have more, or less torsion. 

Several manufacturers sell ARB's in pairs, but as these cars are set up to understeer by default, I personally would just go for a rear, unless track days are your thing. A front upgrade may just exacerbate the understeer. The rear on its's own should balance it out a bit. 

I'm actually on the look out for one for my estate, but being a 4x4 they're harder to find at sensible money...

• Like 1

Just send an email to H&R in Germany and they will come back to you really quickly with part numbers etc.. for arb and lowering springs..then just Google the part. I bees or pop it into eBay.de and you will get a bargain.. they are a really comfortable ride even fully loaded with ski kit, roof box and 2 kids. Never looked back on my estate. Was so impressed I have them on the wife's Fabia vrs too. 

IMG_4396.JPG

IMG_4908.JPG

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Johnski21 said:

If your lowering it I'd recommend wheel spacers too. Especially for the rear

Yeah, I've been thinking about going 10mm.

Think I'm going to do one thing at time; springs, spacers then arb.

I don't want to go too hardcore, just want to dial out that bit of excessive body roll.

Edited by stu83

3 hours ago, stu83 said:

Yeah, I've been thinking about going 10mm.

Think I'm going to do one thing at time; springs, spacers then arb.

I don't want to go too hardcore, just want to dial out that bit of excessive body roll.

Yep mine has 12mm H&R spacers all round. If I did it again I'd do 15mm on back tho and then 12mm on front 

• 3 weeks later...

Had my springs installed today, first impressions are really good.

Noticeably firmer ride, but not harsh, and it no longer leans around corners. Now it's pretty much as it should have been from the factory :-)

Still early days as I'm guessing they need to settle properly. I'll post some pics in my build thread in the next few days.

@ Stu83

Does the Lane assist Camera need any re aligning after the 4 wheel alignment.

Reason I ask, my Steering wheel is off center ever so slightly and ask the dealer to alter it so it's straight, they also mentioned they would do a 4 wheel alignment first to make sure it's not the Alignment causing the steering wheel to be out. They then told me they would have to send the car elsewhere as they dont have the equiment to re calibrate the Land assist camera.

AG

1 hour ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Does the Lane assist Camera need any re aligning after the 4 wheel alignment.

I didn't even think of that to be honest, but I don't think it does.

I gave it a good test on my way home after reading this, and all works exactly as expected. Same with the adaptive cruise. Tested over 12 miles over a mix of roads (mainly dual carriageway) and all appears fine :-)