Spaceback seat trim

Kota

Hi,

My new Spaceback SE tech 1.2 110 just arrived at local dealer. BUT seat trim different to black onyx in brochure. These seats have pale grey edges, not the black I imagined. Maybe not a big deal, but really alters inside appearance. Have looked at various images on web, and pictures from car dealers, and it seems "black cloth" seats includes a range of seat trim colours. Not sure whether to accept, ask for another car (that's a bit awkward, and car took 4 weeks to arrive), or see if seats could be changed.

Has anyone else had this situation.

Thanks

Edited by Kota
Missed a word
  • Like 1

1. The Skoda UK online configurator seems to display 2 choices of Black/Grey seats...

http://cc-cloud.skoda-auto.com/gbr/gbr/en-gb/nh1/65867#!cc-instance=GBR&cc-salesprogram=GBR&cc-culture=en-gb&cc-model=NH1&cc-carline=65867&cc-equipment=&cc-motor=159598&cc-color=2Y2Y&cc-interior=AB&cc-packages=&cc-view=step4&cc-configurationId=0&cc-viewstate={"lastConfigurationHash"%3A"3_J5_ET_2Y2Y_GWBBWBB"%2C"accessoriesItems"%3A[]%2C"selectedAccessories"%3A[]%2C"selectedScene"%3A"Top"%2C"packageItem"%3Atrue%2C"itemClicked"%3A{"price"%3A"£0"%2C"id"%3A"AB"%2C"type"%3A"interior"}}

I thought one was all black, but having looked more closely, both sets of seats have grey sides.

Which seats did you specify?

2. Brochure sometimes has small print somewhere about "illustrations may not reflect exact spec in your country".

e.g. The brochure cars used to show xenon headlights even when they weren't even a UK option.

edit

Just lifted this off the back of the current (Nov 16) brochure

The information in this brochure referring to prices, specification, design, equipment, material and external appearance relates to the time at which this brochure was printed. Whilst every effort is made to ensure its accuracy, the information in this brochure is not binding and is subject to alteration. Images within this brochure, including the front cover, depict left hand drive models, with both standard and optional equipment shown. Please confirm exact specifications, prices and colour availability with your ŠKODA retailer who will be notified of any changes as they occur.

Edited by camelspyyder

We picked up our Spaceback SE Tech 110 in January this year.  We didn't specify the sports seats (which I think are all black), but just accepted the standard seats which have a black centre area with two-tone grey sides. I think this upholstery pattern was introduced for MY2017 and was exactly as we saw on a showroom model at the time we placed our order. It seems to be shown clearly on the online configurator, but not in the brochure. Personally, I like the new upholstery and think it's a big improvement in terms of interior appearance.

• Like 1

Thanks for above, you are correct. I was looking at the brochure dated April 2016. New seat trim seems to have been introduced late 2016, and is clear on the on line configurator. I can live with them! and probably an improved seat anyway.

Thanks again.