New owner, quick question

mattlittle

Hi

Just picked up my 1.2 DSG Yeti today and absolutely loving it. 

One question (and I've checked the manual and tried to search for this) - I can retract the wing mirrors by holding down the lock button but is there a way to automatically food the mirrors on locking without having to hold the lock button for 3 seconds?

1 hour ago, mattlittle said:

Hi

Just picked up my 1.2 DSG Yeti today and absolutely loving it. 

One question (and I've checked the manual and tried to search for this) - I can retract the wing mirrors by holding down the lock button but is there a way to automatically food the mirrors on locking without having to hold the lock button for 3 seconds?

Nope. You only have 2 options, key or rotating switch on the door.

Having said that, I'm not sure whether it can be programmed using VCDS.

• Like 1

Follow up question - on my mk6 golf (similar 'brains' to the yeti), it was possible to get the passenger mirror to 'drop'when selecting reverse. 

I've seen it mentioned here as a setting somewhere but I can't find it on either the radio nor on the MFD. Any ideas?

1 hour ago, Expatman said:

I think you need to have the electric drivers seat for this to work. 

I have the electric driver's seat and it makes no difference. As mentioned previously there are two ways.. Hold lock button down for a couple of seconds after doors have locked or use the rotary knob on the driver's door.

It does seem strange that my wife's Peugeot 2008, which wasn't an expensive car folds the mirrors automatically when you lock it.... even if you use the key in the lock. Whereas my VW Tiguan and current Yeti were in excess of £30k (OK I like a few options!) and they aren't programmed to fold in when you lock the door.

However the Yeti is better than the Tiguan, as with the Tiguan the only way to fold the mirrors was to use the rotary knob... You couldn't just hold the remote button pressed for slightly longer!

49 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

as with the Tiguan the only way to fold the mirrors was to use the rotary knob... You couldn't just hold the remote button pressed for slightly longer!

I used to have a 2013 R-Line and that didn't allow a 'short press to fold' but VCDS did allow a 'long press to fold'. Have a word with WelshKaiBoy for further info.

Thanks. Someone above mentioned that you need the electric seat and led me to more research which suggests that for the mirror to do automatically so that you can see the kerb, you do indeed need the electric seat. 

Can anyone else confirm that and does anybody know if it is different hardware, or is it VCDS codeable?

You do need the electric seat for the n/s mirror to drop.

There is actually a way to make the mirrors fold automatically... BUT it requires a new wiring loom making up (and part of the OE cut), both door panels removed and a relay added, so not something I would say is worth the hassle.

14 minutes ago, Gizmo68 said:

You do need the electric seat for the n/s mirror to drop.

There is actually a way to make the mirrors fold automatically... BUT it requires a new wiring loom making up (and part of the OE cut), both door panels removed and a relay added, so not something I would say is worth the hassle.

Brilliant info. Thank you. 

I think I'll just hold the lock button for 3 seconds and leave it at that!!!!

Shame about the mirror as it's very handy when parallel parking. 

The passenger mirror drops on my car which has the electric drivers seat as long as the L mirror is selected on the control knob.

I don't use this function as it is so stiff in the mechanism that it gets stuck there and will only come back by manually adjusting it back up. Asked them to fix at first service but it is still not working correctly.

The passenger mirror is very stiff and reluctant to move even when using the normal adjustment.

The mirrors fold back when you hold the lock button, but sometimes do not fold out again when you start the car and drive off? Hardly ever use this feature as I rarely have to park in so confined a space.

• Like 1