"Renew your ŠKODA Ensurance cover" - Anyone used it? Any thoughts?

docc

Received this email for my three year old Yeti:

Hi Docc ,

Your ŠKODA Ensurance cover will end on 20/03/2017.

Renew your policy for free for another three years and if your ŠKODA is involved in an accident or stolen you will continue to receive the following benefits, which most insurers cannot guarantee:

1823803434.png

ŠKODA approved repairer and ŠKODA trained technicians

1823803434.png

Repairs using only ŠKODA Genuine Parts

1823803434.png

A dedicated Claims Manager to liaise with your insurer and any third parties on your behalf

1823803434.png

Legal Expenses Cover to recover any uninsured losses

1823803434.png

ŠKODA approved repairer and ŠKODA trained technicians

1823803434.png

Repairs using only ŠKODA Genuine Parts

1823803434.png

A dedicated Claims Manager to liaise with your insurer and any third parties on your behalf

1823803434.png

Anyone used Enurance or have any views on it?  It's free to renew for another 3 years and I can't immediately see any downside, but it's obviously being funded from somewhere, and that has to be a third party against whom I might have a claim at some point.  Not sure how Ensurance can oblige my own insurers to pay for Skoda repairers etc if they prefer to use a cheaper option though, if there is no third party to claim from.

17 minutes ago, docc said:

I can't immediately see any downside

I have difficulty in the opposite direction. I can't see the benefit and I wonder where the income stream comes from, perhaps I'm paying for my insurance twice over :dry:. I possibly pay a little bit above the odds but already have those few benefits above plus more besides e.g. inclusive 'New for Old' cover for 2 years, replacement vehicle until repair effected.

I'd guess that it is something that does not cost VW group much to run and probably brings a little more business/money to their network of dealers.  I've probably still got Audi Ensurance, really just in case any "top drawer" insurer wants/tries to chop a bit of any repair I need doing by getting some one else to supply parts and do the job - in my case, that is all.

When I received my first email on this matter, I dumped it as I thought it was just another foreigner with spelling difficulties, ie phishing or something, but they persisted so I checked up on this on the internet.

Luckily and/or by good judgement, I have not had to try it out over the past almost 4 years - but there is still time?

Edit:- I don't think that my wife has been notified by VW about this "handy thing" - though her car is only 18 months old.

Edited by rum4mo

2 hours ago, longedge said:

I have difficulty in the opposite direction. I can't see the benefit and I wonder where the income stream comes from, perhaps I'm paying for my insurance twice over :dry:. I possibly pay a little bit above the odds but already have those few benefits above plus more besides e.g. inclusive 'New for Old' cover for 2 years, replacement vehicle until repair effected.

I can free legal cover. £25+ on car insurance

56 minutes ago, skoda1982 said:

I can free legal cover. £25+ on car insurance

:) - just checked and I am paying twice then, although in my case I'm paying an additional £10.37p.a. for legal cover.

I had to use it when my Roomster got hit.

To be honest it was a nightmare to get hold of the person dealing with your case. The insurer was not too please with having to deal with them either

3 hours ago, longedge said:

:) - just checked and I am paying twice then, although in my case I'm paying an additional £10.37p.a. for legal cover.

I ditched the legal cover years ago. I'm registered with Free Motor Legal now. 

http://www.freemotorlegal.co.uk/

Dave

The latest Ensurance is administered by a third party supplier, Lawshield UK Ltd of Warrington, and is underwritten by UK General Insurance Ltd on behalf of Great Lakes Reinsurance (UK) SE. All are regiisterd by the FCA.

VWFS UK (ie Skoda) merely act as an introducer.

I have taken up the offer on the basis that you are still free to use your main insurer - you are under no obligation to actually use Ensurance in the event of an incident.