Sportline Heated seats worries

So I ordered my sport line estate  in November and its at the dealership. Just been to have a quick look and - no heated seats.

When I ordered it, Skoda sent me a list of the standard equipment and heated front seats are on the list. When I tried to add it on the spec list, it said I couldn't as they were standard. Ive just come home to check my order through and I have two emails from Skoda and from the lease company (VW Leasing) saying heated seats are standard.

This all said. if I go onto the car builder on the skoda website - it now lets me add heated front seats for 250 quid.

Anyone got any ideas as heated seats are a real deal breaker for me

Grrrr

Nov 2016 PDF - states Heated seats are an option..

http://www.mervynstewart.com/newmodels/brochure_superb2015(1).pdf

If you order form states heated seats, then regardless of what any PDF states, the car should have them.

A) Request they retrospec fit them (highly doubt)

B ) Compensate you for the missing item

c) Reject the car and reorder (at new prices)

I ordered in November too, the day before the price increase.  Heated seats were an optional extra for me and were from mid October'ish on the UK online configurator as that's when I started looking at the Sportline.

From the spec sheet I printed out on November 11th, from the UK configurator and took it to the dealers for reference.  Hope this helps

IMG_2639.JPG

If it's of any help I can scan and email you the printout as it's timestamped.  (but won't be until Monday morning) 

Edited by penguin17

Ah *******s!!

not sure what to do now. I have the email from heritage skoda and vwfs stating it's standard 

it's a lease car so may just try and claim it's their **** up and that they should pay for the retro fit

Hi,

Heated seats are a £250 option. I had them fitted as one of 10 options on my Sportline which i ordered in August ( delivered first week October). Hope this helps, they are definately not standard.

Can they be retro fitted , i mean the switch blanks are there, and either the heating elements are there anyway, or they could just factory order two new seats?

Its not such a big deal but i find heated seats help my back on long journeys!.

May be the Canton sound system that i DEFINITELY ordered will take my mind off it!

18 hours ago, jonty73 said:

14 minutes ago, jonty73 said:

Can they be retro fitted , i mean the switch blanks are there, and either the heating elements are there anyway, or they could just factory order two new seats?

Its not such a big deal but i find heated seats help my back on long journeys!.

May be the Canton sound system that i DEFINITELY ordered will take my mind off it!

If you ‘need’ them for your back then get the dealer to re-order another car, or try to find one in stock close to your spec, doubt you will get anyone to retro-fit them as it’s a major (expensive) job on a new car:

New climate control unit (switches)

Seat heaters

Wiring looms

coding

fitting - no dealer will undertake this they will farm the job out to a seat upholsterer. 

19 hours ago, jonty73 said:

So I ordered my sport line estate  in November and its at the dealership. Just been to have a quick look and - no heated seats.

When I ordered it, Skoda sent me a list of the standard equipment and heated front seats are on the list. When I tried to add it on the spec list, it said I couldn't as they were standard. Ive just come home to check my order through and I have two emails from Skoda and from the lease company (VW Leasing) saying heated seats are standard.

This all said. if I go onto the car builder on the skoda website - it now lets me add heated front seats for 250 quid.

Grrrr

I that case reject the car as they are not supplying what you have ordered!

Sportline heated seats where never standard, always a option, When the sportline came into the dealers there demo cars had a few options fitted one of which where heated seats, could this of been your mistake seeing them on the demo car

26 minutes ago, sherlocks VRS said:

Sportline heated seats where never standard, always a option, When the sportline came into the dealers there demo cars had a few options fitted one of which where heated seats, could this of been your mistake seeing them on the demo car

No, when I place the order with VW financial services, the PO bounced back with and email saying that heated seats had been taken of my option sheet as they were standard

im looking at the email right now!!

3 minutes ago, jonty73 said:

No, when I place the order with VW financial services, the PO bounced back with and email saying that heated seats had been taken of my option sheet as they were standard

Cant comment on what you was told but when we received our demo into our dealership it had heated front seats with some other options fitted (electric tailgate, phone charging system etc} but these are 100% options and not standard, the reason i am so confident is i ordered one on the same day we received our demo and i looked down the option list and ticked the heated front and rear seat option amongst other options.

56 minutes ago, jonty73 said:

If you have the comms to say heated seats were on your order (regardless of if it was standard spec or not) but more so if you say you "someone" has removed the seats as their thought they were standard, they (the dealer or lease company) as at fault.

Therefore, if the seats are a deal breaker reject the car as its not what you ordered.

Personally.. I don't have heated seats and dont miss them. Theres not been any point over winter where i thought i wish i had ordered them.  (but then i dont have any back issues either.)

Always an optional extra. However do pressurise the dealership for some compensation.

If it is of any consolation; I have heated seats and except from testing them on day 1, they have never been switched on. Even when it hit -5 deg C. The alcantara remains soft, warm and inviting. The steering wheel on the other hand, is cold and horrible! I may actually try and swap mine to std to gain the heated wheel functionality.

Also my car seems to start heating the cabin very quickly. A mile down the road and my cabin is warming up very nicely. I have a 280, so not sure what the diesel variants are like?

Edited by indyjukebox

You havent taken delivery yet so reject it at this stage. Inform the people from whom you ordered it that it has turned up without heated seats and let them sort it. They will either source another with seats or perhaps offer you some compo. Either way it is their problem not yours. You may have to wait a while for your car but you are the only one who can decide how important those heated seats are.

Good luck

43 minutes ago, Sagalout said:

you are the only one who can decide how important those heated seats are.

2 minutes ago, RickTT said:

Dont forget the lease price, PCP or what ever may also go up on a new order, so the £250 seats may end up costing you say £1k plus (VED from April etc.. )

If he needs heated seats for back problems (I am the same) then even £1k more is worth into be comfortable in the car.

Mine are on setting No.2 24/7 they make the world of difference on a decent journey.

Thanks for all the input guys - I'll see what the lease company say in the morning and go from there - not sure I can wait much longer if I reject the car!! I'm like a kid at Christmas as it is already

Possibly able to retrofit....

A friend and colleague got invited to an Audi VIP day at Bury Audi a few years ago.  He really wanted an A4 Avant that the dealer had in stock and the deal breaker was that it didn't have heated seats....

The dealer was able to retrofit heated seats but instead of the buttons being on the usual place on the dash, there was small button on the side of the seat base, close to the electric seat controls.   It was just an on/off switch but he was happy enough with the compromise. 

Worth asking if the dealer could do something similar, if you don't go down the route of rejecting the car. 

7 hours ago, jonnb said:

It is very strange that specs can vary so much between countries, as heated fron seats are standard here in Ireland from Ambition level.

I agree however this thread did make me go and check on skoda.ie to see if heated from seats are standard on the sportline which i thought they were. 

Thanks for all the input guys - I'll see what the lease company say in the morning and go from there - not sure I can wait much longer if I reject the car!! I'm like a kid at Christmas as it is already