Back to the Future

BaronGlory

Hey guys, So I've seen the movie over and over multiple times but I still don't understand or get the ending. We know that Marty at the end goes back to his current time, we also saw that he set the time a bit earlier to save Doc at the mall parking lot, and here where it got confusing for me here comes the questions.

1. Since Marty travelled back into time when he was being shot at during the beginning of the film, how come no one said anything about him being gone when he came back into present time, who replaced him?

2. When Marty left (to the past), Who was with Jennifer the whole time Marty when into the past, and why didn't Jennifer ask where he went since he time travelled?

3. When we see Marty at the end of the film run to the mall parking lot to save Doc, he saw himself fighting off the terrorists and time travelled using the car, wouldn't those current events repeat themselves he would constantly want to return to present as we saw him trying to do the whole time he time travelled? 

Can someone please simplify this for me? Thank you so much.

I dunno @gadgetman , ive read worse elsewhere :D

Time travel is a very comolicated thing,but worth noting principally that "the Present" doesnt continue on a parrallel timeline while you are "away" in a different time segment.

Also worth noting that its a movie script not written with any actual scientific basis...

1 minute ago, mac11irl said:

I dunno @gadgetman , ive read worse elsewhere :D

Time travel is a very comolicated thing,but worth noting principally that "the Present" doesnt continue on a parrallel timeline while you are "away" in a different time segment.

Also worth noting that its a movie script not written with any actual scientific basis...

Pricisely!

It becomes a DIFFERENT (or another) version of time or past of history in PARALLEL...

My tuppence :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chan110 said:

Pricisely!

It becomes a DIFFERENT (or another) version of time or past of history in PARALLEL...

My tuppence :)

• Like 1