Roof bars

nugbuv

I have just bought these roof bars G3 Aluminium Roof Bars to fit Skoda YETI 2009 Onwards With Raised Roof Rails *

But can't get them to fit properly, has anyone else used G3 bars with more success than me.

G3 Aluminium Roof Bars.jpg

IMG_0537.JPG

No eribaMotters it only fits one way, I bought from Mick's Garage .com and watched the youtube video of them fitting this bar.

But the car they used had narrower rails than the Yeti, so I think they may have to go back.

Sent them photos but I can't see any way this is going to fit.

I know it doesn't help your problem Highlander, but I was thinking of buying the Nordrive roof bars from Mick's Garage for my Yeti and was wondering if they have same type of fitting as the G3.   I'd be interested to hear the outcome of your problem!

Doncha just LOVE Briskoda? Ask a question and get so many enthusiastic answers, photos as well - brilliant! Thanks.

Mick's garage have concluded that G3 bars are only combatible with Yeti up to 2013 and are going to refund fully including cost of sending them back.

I thought the rails on original and FL Yetis were the same.

I have also asked them to suggest a correct fitting bar for my Yeti, so Max 232 I will confirm if Nordrive bars would fit, as I too looked at them to replace the G3

bars.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Highlander19 said:

Mick's garage have concluded that G3 bars are only combatible with Yeti up to 2013 and are going to refund fully including cost of sending them back.

I have also asked them to suggest a correct fitting bar for my Yeti, so Max 232 I will confirm if Nordrive bars would fit, as I too looked at them to replace the G3

bars.

Thanks Highlander, look forward to hearing what they say.  At least Mick's Garage did the right thing in giving you a full refund - shame you had the hassle in the first place!

The roof rails are the same shape and size across all the years. The only difference was the dropping of one bolt hole each side.

I would say they have sold you a pair that have been incorrectly packaged/labelled. 

On ‎08‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 21:43, Highlander19 said:

bars.

That's crap. If they fit a 2012 Yeti then they will also fit the latest one as the bars are identical.

This is exactly why I chose to buy a used paid of GENUINE skoda bars rather than a new pair of poor-fitting aftermarket ones.

A decision I have not regretted!

• Like 1

I have been on the look out for second hand Skoda bars but scarce as hens teeth, loathed to pay for new set as only used 3-4 times a year.

Still no recommendation from Mick's garage but they wanted exact details of my car today, as if that will make any difference as the general concensus is 

all Yeti rails are the same size. Be interesting to see what they come up with.

• Like 1

On 10/05/2017 at 21:13, Highlander19 said:

I have been on the look out for second hand Skoda bars but scarce as hens teeth, loathed to pay for new set as only used 3-4 times a year.

What's your budget, for some 2nd hand ones?

10 hours ago, 137699 said:

Really? I must have seen about 5 or 6 sets on ebay in the last couple of weeks...

If you are looking for second hand bars it depends where you live in relation to where they on sale if they are for collection only, which the ones I have looked at seem to be.

As Max232 says the ones I have seen are collection only which is a wee bit prohibitive where I live. There is usually extra carriage to or we do not deliver to Scottish Highlands & Islands. May be easier for some 137699 to get hold of these.

My choice to live here so I make the most of it.

I have come to an arrangement with Mick's Garage to swap the G3 bars and try the Nordrive ones. So Max i will let you know how it goes, unless you have gone down another route.

Wardy I would be looking to spent around the £70 mark for second hand good condition but carriage would also be a consideration.

Max232 just a head's up Mick's Garage has a 20% off offer until midnight tonight on roof bars use code SAVE20.

Haven't got the replacement bars yet but just in case you wanted to take a punt and save some cash.

Unfortunately my order was processed before offer started. Can't win them all.

16 hours ago, Highlander19 said:

Max232 just a head's up Mick's Garage has a 20% off offer until midnight tonight on roof bars use code SAVE20.

Haven't got the replacement bars yet but just in case you wanted to take a punt and save some cash.

Unfortunately my order was processed before offer started. Can't win them all.

Didn't see Highlander's post until the following morning, but thought I would have a go anyway. When I tried to buy the bars the voucher code came back as expired.  Too slow again!  I guess I'll just wait and see how you get on with them now. Thanks for the info anyway - it was worth a try! 

No wind noise to speak off and look the part.

Just waiting for rear bumper protector and door sill protectors in black and mud flaps front and rear

Rear bumper protector from Rearguards sills and flaps from Skoda Parts Ireland 15% discount.

Looked at Superskoda, but couldn't get black sill protectors so cheaper overall to go with Skoda Parts Ireland as same postage for both items.

Superskoda better deal if you just want flaps. 

As a newbie just searching about for best deals. Interested to know where everybody shops for yeti stuff.

Cheers