Monte carlo rear disc upgrade done

I bought a 2015 seat ibiza rear axle complete with handbrake cables and it was just a bolt on swap tbh all went well any axle from an ibiza or polo fabia or a1 same year should suit . I grabbed a bargain at 90 quid collected I'd add more pics but only let's me add one at a time lol .

I also got a white line rear arb from a mk1 fabia had it powder coated and fit that too , and some h and r springs it's transformed the handling no end 

20170225_120529.jpg

• Like 1

Everything measured up the same for mounting points ie axle bushes and the like handbrake cables were fine and brake pipes in the same place also abs sensors the same  , it is wider track about 15mm each side but that's what I wanted anyway so saved me buying spacers, but I'm not sure how wide the vrs axle is ? 

• Like 1

On 02/03/2017 at 09:28, Madmilligan said:

Everything measured up the same for mounting points ie axle bushes and the like handbrake cables were fine and brake pipes in the same place also abs sensors the same  , it is wider track about 15mm each side but that's what I wanted anyway so saved me buying spacers, but I'm not sure how wide the vrs axle is ? 

Exactly what I found, maybe Hutchy didn't fancy it? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Brimma said:

Exactly what I found, maybe Hutchy didn't fancy it? 

I thought that was the case, the newer facelift ibiza axle is wider than the pre-facelift.

I just fitted the right vrs disc axle to my car :blush even had matching red calipers then ;)

5 hours ago, hutchysrs50 said:

I thought that was the case, the newer facelift ibiza axle is wider than the pre-facelift.

I just fitted the right vrs disc axle to my car :blush even had matching red calipers then ;)

I could have had matching red calipers, but chose to break away from the herd ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, S27VEJ said:

Are they off the Mk1 Octavia too?

No these are 4wd ones from a tt or s3 mk1 that are 256mm and I got adaptor brackets to make 280 mm use a mk4 golf front discs 

https://www.bolt-action.nl/product/vw-mk4-280mm-rear-brake-adapter-kit-r32-s3/

Edited by Madmilligan