SD Card Media Slot

Morning all

Just thought I would share a discovery to those that don't know.

I have discovered 1 year in to my Fabia ownership that it has a SD Card Media slot hidden away in the glove box!!! It's on the right hand side at the top of the inside, you have to be in the passenger seat or side to see it and look right in.....just the place I would have expected it!

Sorry if it's a dumb discovery  to those who already know....i was never told about it when buying the car and have always used a memory stick in the cockpit....oh well "every day is a school day"

On 06/03/2017 at 10:49, James777 said:

Morning all

Just thought I would share a discovery to those that don't know.

I have discovered 1 year in to my Fabia ownership that it has a SD Card Media slot hidden away in the glove box!!! It's on the right hand side at the top of the inside, you have to be in the passenger seat or side to see it and look right in.....just the place I would have expected it!

Sorry if it's a dumb discovery  to those who already know....i was never told about it when buying the car and have always used a memory stick in the cockpit....oh well "every day is a school day"

Don't worry James,you're not on your own,I've just discovered the speed limiter button after a year of owning the car!

I did read the manual a while ago but couldn't make head nor tail of it so left it and forgot about it until yesterday when I had another bash at learning it.

I must say I do like it now I've found it.:blush

The cruise control allows you to set a certain speed and keep it at that until cancelled.

For example on the motorway you reach 70 mph and switch it on. It will keep at that speed until cancelled either by touching the brake or flicking the little lever on top of the indicator stalk.

The speed limiter is different and is switched on using a button underneath the stalk. You reach a certain speed and activate it with the lever switch on the end of the stalk,for example 30mph,and it won't let you go above that speed until cancelled on the top of the stalk or,as far as I know,pressing hard on the accelerator? Stand to be corrected.

There's a bit more to it but practice on an empty road if that's possible.They are handy tools to have if your car is fitted with them.

Must say I have never used the cruise control, dont know how you work it.

15 minutes ago, RickW said:

The cruise control allows you to set a certain speed and keep it at that until cancelled.

For example on the motorway you reach 70 mph and switch it on. It will keep at that speed until cancelled either by touching the brake or flicking the little lever on top of the indicator stalk.

The speed limiter is different and is switched on using a button underneath the stalk. You reach a certain speed and activate it with the lever switch on the end of the stalk,for example 30mph,and it won't let you go above that speed until cancelled on the top of the stalk or,as far as I know,pressing hard on the accelerator? Stand to be corrected.

There's a bit more to it but practice on an empty road if that's possible.They are handy tools to have if your car is fitted with them.

Wonder if Ive got a speed limiter will have a look, sounds ideal for built up areas.

I tried it today in a 40mph zone where it's easy to go over,and I liked it.

On 06/03/2017 at 11:40, malcster said:

If you pull the glovebox apart you will usually find a 2nd slot 

Is the second slot useful? Is it worth pulling the glove box apart? 

Just a point  - I've found that I can't add customised POIs via the USB stick. They have to be added to the root directory of the original Amundsen SD card then they load ok. So I might have a look and see if I can access the 2nd slot for this application.