VW's Arteon to replace Phaeton

Ryeman

• 1 month later...
On 15/12/2018 at 12:56, john999boy said:

A little bit of an update from the dealer and they say that the latest from VW is they’re starting the WLTP tests in mid January so an optimistic delivery date is March or April.

Potentially a 7 or 8 month wait from ordering lol.

A bit of an update - more delays! :sadsmile:

Due to the continued delays at the factory with this model and the new WLTP testing we have received further notification that the factory is unlikely to open until 11/04/19 for this model.
Once the factory opens the backlog of orders will have priority but it can take approx. 4 weeks for the car to arrive with us after the build week is confirmed.
I appreciate that you have already waited very patiently for your new car and I hope that you understand that these delays are out of our control.

Edited by john999boy
  • Confused 1

There is the new delaying complication it seems. Each model has to pass the evaporation test of 48 hrs in a sealed chamber.

Maybe that’s what is behind the delay.

1 minute ago, Ryeman said:

There is the new delaying complication it seems. Each model has to pass the evaporation test of 48 hrs in a sealed chamber.

Maybe that’s what is behind the delay.

VW Group call it imaginatively "Now you see it now you don't". :clap:

• 2 months later...
On 05/02/2019 at 20:38, john999boy said:

Due to the continued delays at the factory with this model and the new WLTP testing we have received further notification that the factory is unlikely to open until 11/04/19 for this model.

I've now got a provisional build date of Wk27 - which is the beginning of July.

Let's see how far off they are with that date! :speechless:

39 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

@john999boy 

How long a lead time will you be up to at that stage? Bearing in mind even if its built, it wont be delivered for..  6-12weeks after that?

It was ordered at the end of August last year and a delivery time of 4 weeks was actually mentioned so a provisional total of 11 months if it all goes to plan.

Edited by john999boy
Didn’t read the question properly!
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 24/04/2019 at 20:52, john999boy said:

I've now got a provisional build date of Wk27 - which is the beginning of July.

Let's see how far off they are with that date! :speechless:

Some bad news, some good news and then some even better news!

The provisional build date has been removed BUT that's only due to the next (whenever that is) build date being one which incorporates MY20 changes. Not too sure what they are but.......

The 'better' news is that SWMBO got so tired of all the hassle involving the prolonged wait that we went out over the weekend to look at other options and something piqued our interest enough to go off tangent.

Teaser preview:-

Exhaust tips.JPG

No doubt someone will identify the exact spec of the new possible option just by them twin 'zausts though i suspect it may be german, 3 letters then a space?

Either way, i saw an arteon yesterday, really rich deep blue colour. It looked really really well....

3 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

No doubt someone will identify the exact spec of the new possible option just by them twin 'zausts though i suspect it may be german, 3 letters then a space?

Lol.

I doubt it as that was the first Google photo that I plucked from the ether as showing the OEM ones may have been too easy!

BTW, the 'new possible option' has actually been ordered and it's on a quite short lead time. Not a German car with 3 letters either.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, john999boy said:

Lol.

I doubt it as that was the first Google photo that I plucked from the ether as showing the OEM ones may have been too easy!

BTW, the 'new possible option' has actually been ordered and it's on a quite short lead time. Not a German car with 3 letters either.

Golf R Estate, Audi S3. Both 4 exhaust tips.:whew:

4 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Golf R Estate, Audi S3. Both 4 exhaust tips.:whew:

True. It is VAG though. ;)

45 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

American? 

No.

24 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

I thought she had decided a new jacuzzi / plunge pool was what you needed.

She doesn't use the present one enough. :tongueout:

5 minutes ago, john999boy said:

True. It is VAG though. ;)

No.

She doesn't use the present one enough. :tongueout:

Do I WIN A PRIZE for being the closest? A ban is not a prize I would enjoy.:sweat:You've waited so long for that Arteon I hear a face lift model is coming out in August 2019.:D

Edited by shyVRS245
MISSING WORD

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

Do I WIN A PRIZE for being the closest? A ban is not a prize I would enjoy.:sweat:

Not quite as close as penguin17 though!

1 hour ago, penguin17 said:

Cupra Ateca? 

I figured that it would save me having to change my avatar! :clap:

• Like 1

Just now, john999boy said:

Not quite as close as penguin17 though!

I figured that it would save me having to change my avatar! :clap:

Nice!  What colour/spec did you go for?  

• 1 month later...

A bit of an update to the people who are awaiting their Arteon's.

My (cancelled) order has now moved to Build Week Confirmed [The date for work to start on your car has been confirmed and the build will begin shortly] but unfortunately I don't know when that is without contacting the dealer.

At least things appear to at last be moving and it'll be interesting to see what MY20 brings too.

@penguin17 This is the colour I went for.

1433096449_RhodiumGreyCupra.thumb.JPG.56480c69e755a6412f74f0de6938db5e.JPG

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, john999boy said:

A bit of an update to the people who are awaiting their Arteon's.

My (cancelled) order has now moved to Build Week Confirmed [The date for work to start on your car has been confirmed and the build will begin shortly] but unfortunately I don't know when that is without contacting the dealer.

At least things appear to at last be moving and it'll be interesting to see what MY20 brings too.

@penguin17 This is the colour I went for.

1433096449_RhodiumGreyCupra.thumb.JPG.56480c69e755a6412f74f0de6938db5e.JPG

Well I can confirm that it looks bloody lovely in the metal. I seen one in Staithes last weekend. The bronze/copper detailing is a really nice touch.  

Even my wife made a comment without me prompting, that’s high praise indeed. 

• 2 weeks later...

Nah, we're getting that. Ye get the brexit version.. as per what you've already got... 3yrs of delays until you change your mind and get something else ;)

• Like 1