Kodiaq SportLine details from Geneva Motor Show

Just seen this on Facebook and I have to admit I like that a lot, the car pictured has the optional 20” wheels (with 235/45/20” tyres) 

The ŠKODA KODIAQ SPORTLINE, with its individual interior and exterior design, emphasises the agility and dynamism of the brand’s large SUV above all else. The new model variant combines its distinct appearance with the versatile nature of the ŠKODA KODIAQ – its exterior length of 4.70 metres offering up to seven seats, as well as the largest amount of interior space and the largest boot capacity within its segment. The design of the new all-rounder mirrors the brand’s design identity and represents a good mix of emotiveness and rationality. Furthermore, the soon-to-be presented ŠKODA KODIAQ SPORTLINE comes with features designed to provide pure driving pleasure.

With the ŠKODA KODIAQ SPORTLINE, the Czech car manufacturer will present an elegant, dynamic variant of it’s new large SUV.
16997877_1267506210008504_23473770427713

The ŠKODA KODIAQ SPORTLINE is available with all-wheel drive as standard. The all-wheel-drive system works quickly and intelligently, its control unit constantly calculates the ideal driving torque for the rear axle. In normal driving conditions, especially with a light load and when coasting, the multi-plate clutch transfers the engine power in a fuel-economical way mainly to the front wheels.
17190609_1267506140008511_23520142851243

The ŠKODA KODIAQ SPORTLINE is equipped with all the modern infotainment systems of the new large SUV from Czech Republic. The capacitive touch displays feature a glass design (except for the standard Swing sound system). The top-of-the-range version, the Columbus navigation system, has a 9.2-inch monitor, a Wi-Fi hotspot and an LTE module. The automatic Emergency Call function comes as standard. The mobile online services from ŠKODA Connect are the perfect addition for the state-of-the-art infotainment system. They set new benchmarks in terms of navigation, information, entertainment and assistance and can even be configured using your home computer or the ŠKODA Connect app.17190786_1267506146675177_72857121329911

The ŠKODA KODIAQ SPORTLINE is based on the Ambition trim level. Additionally, it is equipped with sports seats (driver’s side electronically adjustable including memory function) with Alcantara covers and silver-coloured stitching. The seats guarantee good lateral support.
17190585_1267506130008512_17726160676769

The radiator grille, roof rails, wing mirror housings and side window trims all come in black.17190424_1267506150008510_77121371717165

The bodywork elements and special features finished in black underline the ŠKODA KODIAQ SPORTLINE’s dynamic focus.
17201332_1267506143341844_36548042452961

The Area-View system is also a first for the brand: the surround-view cameras, which are located in the front and rear sections as well as in the wing mirrors, come with wide-angle lenses and allow views of the area immediately surrounding the vehicle to be displayed on the monitor. These include a virtual top-down view and 180-degree images from the areas to the front and rear. This makes it easier to drive in confusing situations or on rough terrain.
17191345_1267506216675170_28042547703871

• Like 1

The 240 HP diesel Will be in the kodiaq RS i think. Will the new 9,2 inch Columbus be for the normal kodiaq also?  Hmm still No active info display/virtual cockpit??

Good to see that in another piece of joined up thinking the demo model at Geneva is in a colour that no longer appears to be available in most countries ;)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Wiivern said:

Will be at the Geneva Motor Show tomorrow, if you have any questions about the car, I'll try to answer them ;)

Can u pls ask Skoda about virtual cockpit and When the new yeti Will launch?? Also ask on the kodiaq coupe? Tnx alot 

On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 18:28, Oykkh said:

Will the new 9,2 inch Columbus be for the normal kodiaq also?

I believe its supposed to be 9.2 fitted from build week 22 on.

5 hours ago, Oykkh said:

Can u pls ask Skoda about virtual cockpit and When the new yeti Will launch?? Also ask on the kodiaq coupe? Tnx alot 

Here are the answers :

- For the virtual cockpit, nothing sure yet, but it could come out with the

- New Yeti around novembre this year (it would then be applied to other models)

- Didn't ask for the Skoda Coupé as I didn't understand what you meant (don't know if a coupé was even shown as a prototype ?)

You're welcome :)

What I can say about the car is that it looks awesome with the Sportline on ! The Scout model is great as well, but I like the bumpers not being made from black plastic on the Sportline and instead painted.

IMG_1531.jpgIMG_1529.jpgIMG_1538.jpgIMG_1532.jpg

The carbon finish is matte and looks okay (I'm not a big fan of the central console (not sure if that's the right word for it) of the Kodiaq, too bulky). In the Scout the panel is made of fake wood which is a shame because you can definitely see and feel it...

IMG_1540.jpgIMG_1543.jpg

The seats look really modern and feel comfortable

IMG_1535.jpgIMG_1541.jpg

And to finish, the 9.2 main unit is much faster and reactive, feels like a tablet. Also main screen with GPS + telephone and music shown is really useful

IMG_1536.jpgIMG_1537.jpgIMG_1544.jpg

I asked about the vRS and they said it will come out, but don't know when unfortunately :(

Edited by Wiivern
  • Like 1

SKODA CZ / VW Germany's favourite leaking journal Auto Express with Skoda Factory insiders / the media department said the Kodiak Coupe could be on the cards, 

so that is SKODA CZ / VW Flying a Kite as they might need that version for the Global Market, or as it is known North America / China.

sugar-chow-40961.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Tnx for all your nice info.. ok. I gues that we will se the virtual cockpit in shanghai motorshow in April as Skodas CEO MR. Maier said. week 16.. I noticied on this picture the little hand symbol on right hand side. It means that the new columbus 9,2  have gesture control like VW golf 7 facelift.... IMG_1537.jpg

Typical for Skoda, all the information is about the SHOW of how the model looks, and nothing said about the GO of what would be under the bonnet

As long as it can site on your drive and LOOK like it can go quickly, that's all that matters, right ?

Your neighbours will be impressed with your "beast" of a car, and then later on you pootle away slowly, with all that the 125hp of your 1.4 TSI engine can muster to move those 2 tonnes along the road

Edited by Wet Kipper

3 hours ago, Wet Kipper said:

and then later on you pootle away slowly, with all that the 125hp of your 1.4 TSI engine can muster to move those 2 tonnes along the road

I cant get my head round that either, dirty great big 7 seater SUV with the smallest engine they offer 

I would imagine the residuals will be shocking ....