Strange Start/Stop symbol - help

Welcome.

Stop / Start is off or will not be functioning for some of the many reasons Stop / Start is inhibited.

Low outside temp, low battery or high power drain etc etc

Sorry confused, i thought you were asking a general question.

Do you have a car with this symbol showing all the time and Stop / Start not working? 

Is it as simple as the button pressed so that Stop / Start is switched off?

You would want the Stop / Start to not operate then,

or you might have no brakes when you want to use the brakes to stop hitting into something.

The symbol comes up if the Stop / Start is inhibited. 

If you want brakes with servo assistance the engine needs to be on. If rolling in neutral you want brakes.

Best read the owners manual.

Nothing to worry about, just mean the stop/start is not kicking in for a number of reasons. I get this symbol everyday, normally on the drive to work as the car is still cold and I have my heated seats on at this time of year.

As stated above... Mine does this, the stop/start is dependent on all sorts of things, battery voltage, load and temperature to name a few... On cold days I can go 12 miles to the next village stop at the traffic lights and get that symbol.. nothing to worry about unless it stays on every time :) 

With my common lead acid battery it works very rarely, but regardless of that it's too cold for it to function here as of now.

Edited by TLV

Got wired in!

Plugged into the OBD port and went on twitter or some laptop type magic.

Changed settings, maybe even used the A/C / temp setting to ensure Stop / Start did not come on as default each time the car starts.

Yes good,

and then you are using fuel at Miles per gallons covered and not how many hours running like heavy plant, generators, planes etc.

Maybe vehicles without Stop / Start should be sold on 'Hours engine ran' & not on 'Low Mileage' etc.

30 minutes ago, thekaratekid said:

I've noticed the auto start/stop working less.  Could it be this cold weather this week?

Doesn't trigger if the outside temperature is below the threshold (3 degrees Celsius if I remember correctly) and if the cabin or engine are too cold.

It is not too concerned about the Cabin temp as long as the actual temp and the setting you put the heating to is not more then 8*oC different as i remember.

When Stop / Start is working and i want it off i just whack up the temp higher, or press the A/C on rather than going to the Stop/Start 'Off' switch.

Quick at a risky junction where i am not going to want any delay, even the slightest.