Loose chrome window trim (again)

Just started to suffer from this problem, obviously the hot weather isn't helping.  Called up my local Skoda Service centre this morning (3rd July) and been given a slot on 20th August !  No recognition of the 64E3 recall code and was told it would be the std £128 inspection fee unless they deemed it was a warranty issue.

Not the best customer experience, but we will see what transpires.

• 1 month later...

Well, took a few days to order in the chrome trim and rubber channel, but all fixed, free of charge.  Actually really well handled by Marshall’s in Reading, great service, kept well informed and enjoyed buzzing around in the Citigo courtesy car.

Happy punter.

• 11 months later...

Hi There.  So, same issue for me but only on passenger side.  When I first saw it the trim sticking out I thought that someone had tried to break into car.  Anyway, after several attempts at pushing it back in, it always popped out again.  Eventually I had to stick it down with tape.  Anyway, service was due and mentioned it when I dropped car off, dealer (Silbury in Cramlington) said they would have a look, which they did.  Needs a new door seal and trim was answer.  Under warranty I asked and after a very short discussion amongst themselves they said yes.  Car was booked in and sorted a few days later, took about 90 minutes.  Cant fault the service at all, no arguments or debate, with me anyway.  Photographs show nearside now with a much larger gap when compared to the offside, which I've had no bother with.

IMG_20190714_1338024.thumb.jpg.47d71ebd38d12f897c072b0ae2f79f32.jpgIMG_20190714_1338178.thumb.jpg.233c92b5e33e9cfc14f566b89ea3f2a5.jpg

• 1 year later...

On our 2016 Superb it's being replaced for the 2nd time.

This is an installation problem as the driver side was done for the 2nd time by a high quality panel beater repair shop and has never moved again. While the 1st time was done by the dealer ship. Unfortunate for warranty reasons, the dealer ship has to do the work on the passenger side (both front and back). They just ordered the chrome strips and we had to point out that the rubbers need replacing as well, due to them being the real problem. It's the rubbers that creep past the vertical door edge if not installed properly.

I put my money on it that I will have to replace them again in a year or so as the dealers aren't experts in chassis/trim work.

So far the car has been brilliant and a 100% reliable mechanical wise with very few little niggle problems Skoda's support of their product has been outstanding so far.

More then good enough for me to consider a Kodiaq RS as a 2nd car in a couple of years.

• 1 month later...

I had this issue a about three years ago on my 2015 Superb hatch which was replaced under warranty. I can’t recall which side it was on. I was involved in an accident two years ago which required a new door skin on the front nearside. Only recently has the rear trim started to come away from the nearside when opening the door, you can see the rubber trim slipping under the chrome and pulling it away. Took the car back to the bodyshop (non Skoda) who adjusted their door and this has remedied the problem. Panel gap is millimetres closer on the nearside compared to the offside.